Favorite fandom slice-of-life videos?

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
mbanu
Anime Fan Since: 2001

Favorite fandom slice-of-life videos?

Post by mbanu »

Meaning, nothing really unusual is happening, but it reflects that unique old-school fandom vibe. (^_^)

I like the 1995 tour of William Chow's old anime shop, Anime Jyanai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5unZ22I_XM

Nothing interesting going on, but with all the little details and VHS fuzz, it gives a unique glimpse of an environment that would be hard to replicate in quite the same way today.
mbanu: What's between Old School and New School?
runesaint: Hmmm. "Middle School", perhaps?
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Re: Favorite fandom slice-of-life videos?

Post by _D_ »

I shot a lot of video when I was away on trips to cons starting in 1987, including many masquerades. Haven;t got around to posting much of it. Was going to post the panel with Reed Waller and Kate Worley from a Winnipeg convention but after Yahoo Groups got hacked, I decided against it. Still have a Liz Sladen talk from a Dr. Who of America convention in Duluth Minnesota from the late 1980s that has never seen the light of day. Plus all the anime and Worldcons I attended. More work...