C/FO - Cleveland?

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
mbanu
Anime Fan Since: 2001

C/FO - Cleveland?

Post by mbanu »

Ran across this blurb in one of Fred Patten's contributions to APA-L:
I was shocked to read in the Australian fanzine South Fur Lands #44 (March 2007) that Michael Sherman, the head of the C/FO-Cleveland, one of the C/FO's first chapters and the only one besides Los Angeles to keep its name when the general club disintegrated in 1989, had died late last year. Sherman was still running the Cleveland club in 2004; I have had no news of it since then.
(http://www.kayshapero.net/fredpatten/ap ... 02202.html)

Really interesting; I wonder why they chose to remain connected to the C/FO, even if only in name... were there any other C/FO chapters that did this besides LA? Anyone have any info/trivia/memories? Did the club outlast Michael Sherman, or were their no heirs to that particular throne?

Despite also being in Ohio, I couldn't find any website listing in the Anime Web Turnpike archives; were they an offline club till the end?

Anyone have any info?
mbanu: What's between Old School and New School?
runesaint: Hmmm. "Middle School", perhaps?