1989 Harmony Gold dub of Dragon Ball Search

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Re: 1989 Harmony Gold dub of Dragon Ball Search

Post by _D_ »

No, but I do take requests...sometimes. What exactly are you looking for? I gave away most of my Sailor Moon and DB/Z dubs from Fox recordings, eith on tape or disc. I didn't give away the rest of the Fox Kids stuff, nor the Boomerang shows, though most of those are available on disc these days. But I have to try to look through tons of tapes for things like commercials, special programs, videogame shows, etc. I also did not give away the DB original broadcast audio tapes...those that play anyway. I had several that are lost to tape deterioration. Ditto with many other Toei and other studio programs.
Ah well...
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

If you got any Escaflowne from UPN or Giant Robot Week recordings from Toonami i'd be down. I seemed to be the gatekeeper of the Evangelion GRW recordings for years and put mine up online that people have gotten ahold of and threw them up on archive.org for the time being. There is a guy that has the recordings of Nadesico and Dai Guard I believe that I was able to get. I'm really looking for the Robotech episode that aired that was either ep 84 or 85 that NO DIALOGUE OR SFX audio track played, they aired an entire episode of BGM music to the episode. I regret not recording that but I remember that fondly.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Sorry. I don't think I recorded that stuff. I wasn't much into dubs. I almost always, even to this day, watched stuff in their original language. The only UPN or Fox stuff I had was the many Marvel series, Boomerang shows and a few shows I recorded for others like Pokemon (Diamond and Pearl), Sailor Moon, Bakugan, Beyblade, etc. My Japanese tapes start at June 1980 and go to mid 2000. The tapes I got in a trade from a few years back are mostly mid 1990s to about 2005. 600 of them, most that I have not viewed yet. They came out of an old videostore that was renting out OTA recordings, originally from Japan and then later, from (I assume) satellite TV. Pic quality, even on VHS EP is quite good. But many tapes do not track. Unlike, say my VHS SP recordings or Beta X-2 recordings. X-3 and VHS ep is hit or miss though. So, there is quite a lot of stuff. Currently, I have a Sony SLHF750 and a SLHF450 for Beta playback. VHS, I'm down to my last JVC SVHS recorder. I had a Panasonic industrial deck with built in TBC but it died and the parts can no longer be had. I would have bought more equipment but with the border closed for the last year, I could not get it shipped. There are a few places in Canada still doing repairs but none that I know of doing full restorations. Buying used decks on eBay usually means the decks don't work. I also have a lot of convention footage shot on VHS or 8mm, mostly from regional conventions but some from conventions shot while I was on vacation. And I also recorded a lot of stuff on 8mm from satellite TV. I'll let you know if I come upon stuff like you requested though...
Tom_Servo
Anime Fan Since: 2013

Post by Tom_Servo »

Welp, I’m glad to be able to say I was able to help find some old VHS recordings. If only some tape trader out there who still had a recording of Dragon Ball off channel 62 in Detroit would be willing to share an alternate recording, preferably with commercials, I’d consider the nostalgia factor cranked up to 11.