Netflix Live-action Cowboy Bebop opening dropped

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Netflix Live-action Cowboy Bebop opening dropped

Post by usamimi »

Well, Netflix dropped the opening for their Cowboy Bebop series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2N-9EmedA

I'm already seeing tons of discussion on this elsewhere, but for those who hadn't seen it yet, there ya go! :lol:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Netflix Live-action Cowboy Bebop opening dropped

Post by DKop »

I dig it, and im looking forward to how they'll do the series. I don't wanna know the negative Nancy's opinions about this online so much as I can help it. From the still shots that were released a while ago I don't mind how the characters look, and the set designs of the Bebop off that one image I was very impressed with. There's my take.
Captain_EO
Anime Fan Since: 2002

Post by Captain_EO »

I've got a similar mindset as DKop here. I think this new live-action version has potential, and it's not like it's replacing the original or anything; We can always go back to it whenever. It seems like the crew behind this is putting some care into the project, and I'm interested to see where it goes.
A live-action Cowboy Bebop's been rumored since '08, after all.
George W
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by George W »

This is kind of a necro-bump, but I've been watching the first few episodes, and I think they are quite well done.

It keeps the right tone, and I think the change to live action is a positive one.

What do others think?
DKop

Post by DKop »

I gave my thoughts on another thread found here: viewtopic.php?p=18427#p18427

Overall, im enjoying it.
DKop

Post by DKop »

I just finished the show last night. I didn't expect that kind of an ending, and it left a sour taste in my mouth. After thinking about it for a while, I realize that even though I didn't like how this season ended, I do want to see where it continues. It feels more of a twisted fanfiction of Bebop brought to cinema, but at least I can't say its boring or predictable, i'll give it that. There's a lot more I can say on it but i'll just save that for a podcast coming up.
George W
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by George W »

I just watched (on Netflix) my first animated version of Cowboy Bebop.

And the feeling of deja vu was unmistakable. The live action basically could have been used to just about rotoscope the animation.