Old Digital Images Slideshow

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Old Digital Images Slideshow

Post by Daniel »

I was thinking of making a little video slideshow of old anime images from the late 80s to mid-90s that I could stick onto YouTube and whatnot. (well, until I can find some people with stuff to contribute to the site, the old digital stuff is the best memorabilia that I've got to work with right now...)

What do you guys think?

If you have any favorite images that you would like to see included, let me know!

One thing I'll need help with is the background music. I'm an utter dunce when it comes to music; if it were really up to me, I'd just have no music playing, but I have a feeling that most people wouldn't like that... So, I'm looking for late 80's~mid 90's anime music that would fit. Any ideas?
Jen526
Anime Fan Since: 1992-ish

Re: Old Digital Images Slideshow

Post by Jen526 »

Konya wa Hurricane's always a good bet.

Russian Roulette?

I've always loved Senaka-Goshi ni Sentimental from Megazone 23.
Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel »

I found Konya wa Hurricane and Senaka-Goshi ni Sentimental. Sounds like you have good taste in music!

Is Russian Roulette from Dirty Pair?

(I _really_ am an utter dunce with music -- I don't know the names of any songs!)
Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel »

Oh, look what I found while I was going through the images :)

greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Even though I have the DVDs, the KOR laserdisc box sets are worth owning just for the beautiful artwork alone.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel »

greg wrote:Even though I have the DVDs, the KOR laserdisc box sets are worth owning just for the beautiful artwork alone.
Is the above from the LD set?
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

I believe so.

I even borrowed the KOR LD box set and made some enlarged color copies to turn into posters. Alas, I may end up having to get rid of them due to the move. Any takers? I'd just ask for maybe $15 plus whatever the shipping cost is. I can try to find a box to ship them in, if possible. I can take some pictures if anybody's interested and get a shipping quote.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Jen526

Post by Jen526 »

Yeah, that Madoka pic is one of my all-time favorites. The vibrancy of that blue, and the way it carries from the background to her eyes... :) You could practically make an entire slideshow of just awesome Madoka pics. Throw in some of Akemi Takada's illustrations for Patlabor, and you've got some gorgeous art.

(And yes, Russian Roulette is from Dirty Pair.)
Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel »

Jen526 wrote:You could practically make an entire slideshow of just awesome Madoka pics.
You've got it :P

I can't make a slideshow for every anime/manga, but it's easy enough such that I can make them for the popular shows like KOR, UY, Gundam, etc.

But I'll need help finding music again. :)

Well, here's my attempt at making the slideshow with images from a variety of shows. What do you all think?
http://www.animepast.net/temp/slideshow.php
Jen526

Post by Jen526 »

^That's pretty cool. :) Neat concept, incorporating his live shots instead of just being an AMV that happens to have his music.
But I'll need help finding music again.
Hee! Well, for KOR, the easy choice is Actress in the Mirror. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7flcaYHzlM)

Though I'm very fond of "Choose Me" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCxAd6ieA_0) because it was the OVA opening on the first non-Robotech VHS I ever bought. I remember being so excited by AnimEigo including the romanized lyrics in their liner notes and I just sat their singing along with it about 10 times. :)
Well, here's my attempt at making the slideshow with images from a variety of shows. What do you all think?
Great! :) Nice selection of pics - there were lots where I went "Oh, yeah, I loved that one!"