The Lucky Finds bragging thread

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: The Lucky Finds bragging thread

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:Oh, that's Morrigan, not Morgan. From Dark Stalkers/Vampire Savior.
oh, whoops. xD;; I couldn't remember how to spell her name, thanks!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Some of these EBay sellers...I dunno:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bandai- ... 6691828%26

Wish I could sell mine for that price. Heck, my bud at the time translated the building instructions into English so I could put the thing together. I never did though...
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

People on eBay and Amazon marketplace are nuts, man. They want ridiculous amounts for things that really only have value to maybe a handful of people. :/
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

_D_ wrote:Some of these EBay sellers...I dunno:

Wish I could sell mine for that price. Heck, my bud at the time translated the building instructions into English so I could put the thing together. I never did though...
Yeah, well, he'll have a hard time finding someone wanting to buy that for nearly a thousand dollars. I bet there won't be many takers. I have no idea why they even list items like this at such prices.

I just checked YAJ and the most expensive Gatchaman plamo on there is going for 34,000 yen. That's still too expensive, but it's a third of the cost of that one on eBay. No bidders on this one, either.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Crappy cell phone pic, but:

The official complete Gundam Wing DVD collection! :mrgreen: I got this off a swap site, basically in trade for some crappy old Sailor Moon toys that wouldn't have gotten me any money plus the price of shipping. This made me so happy because I know if I bought them together on Amazon, it'd probably be close to $100 (I remember at one point, right after Bandai announced they were closing, they were close to $70 apiece X__x) I actually already had the first box set so now I have an extra one...I'll prolly end up selling it or trading it in somewhere, I guess.
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Which SM toys? The wands go for outrageous prices because Cosplayers use them. If I had known that back in the day, I would never have splurged on the toys which are practically worthless. Wish I could offload them in trade for some of the Gatchaman sets I'm missing. Well, I have hundreds of pre recorded tapes, so that will get me some cash to buy what I want. I don't need to start on the other old toys at the moment. The Reboot toys I have are around $100 a pop and I have doubles of a few of those. Ditto on Captain Power toys. The Bandai DBZ stuff though is practically worthless. Sad really as I heavily invested in those. Now, the Superfriends/Superpowers toys are going for ridiculous money these days but I don't have any of them. Ah well, can't think of what *might* be popular in the future...
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

_D_ wrote:Which SM toys? The wands go for outrageous prices because Cosplayers use them. If I had known that back in the day, I would never have splurged on the toys which are practically worthless. Wish I could offload them in trade for some of the Gatchaman sets I'm missing. Well, I have hundreds of pre recorded tapes, so that will get me some cash to buy what I want. I don't need to start on the other old toys at the moment. The Reboot toys I have are around $100 a pop and I have doubles of a few of those. Ditto on Captain Power toys. The Bandai DBZ stuff though is practically worthless. Sad really as I heavily invested in those. Now, the Superfriends/Superpowers toys are going for ridiculous money these days but I don't have any of them. Ah well, can't think of what *might* be popular in the future...
OOOOOH no, believe me, I know the value of the SM wands and things. It was a couple of the old "Adventure Dolls", which go for next to nothing. :lol:
_D_

Post by _D_ »

greg wrote:
_D_ wrote:Some of these EBay sellers...I dunno:

Yeah, well, he'll have a hard time finding someone wanting to buy that for nearly a thousand dollars. I bet there won't be many takers. I have no idea why they even list items like this at such prices.

I just checked YAJ and the most expensive Gatchaman plamo on there is going for 34,000 yen. That's still too expensive, but it's a third of the cost of that one on eBay. No bidders on this one, either.
And that one is the New God Phoenix from Gatchaman 2. I used to have the older one, from BoTP but sold it years ago for $300. I still have a G1-SP from G2 that I never built. Dunno what it's worth though since that series was never released in the US/Canada...

Hmmm....according to EBay pricing $25 - $75 depending on condition.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

_D_ wrote:Hmmm....according to EBay pricing $25 - $75 depending on condition.
You mean the SM dolls? The only ones that go for a lot of money are the older, "pretty face" dolls that weren't made for a long time. Those are the ones SM collectors like and will pay top dollar for (such as this one, for example). The original Adventure Dolls rarely sell for anything because they: 1. were made in high volumes and are still easy to find, 2. are smaller than average fashion dolls, 3. are considered kinda ugly. Hardly any current SM collectors buy Adventure Dolls from eBay because people there want ridiculous prices, you can find them on forums/Livejournal selling communities for WAY less money. (And now you know! XD)

If you're curious, this was the one I traded to someone, and it was in MUCH worse shape than the one pictured, so no hardcore SM collector in their right mind would want it, and I'd be lucky to even get a few bucks for it...thus the reason I was amazed someone even considered swapping it for the Gundam DVDs. (I feel kinda guilty, because I obviously got the better deal here, lol.)

(And, yeah, if it wasn't already obvious, I still keep very close tabs on the market values of Sailor Moon stuff...what can I say? I still love me some Sailor Moon. ;) )
_D_

Post by _D_ »

No, the Entex G1-SP. sorry for the confusion. The only SM dolls worth anything were the 12" ones but few stores carried them because of their size and cost. I got the small size ones on sale at Wal-Mart where I worked at a discount price but no big ones as they didn't stock them.

Yeah, that's the kind I got too (from the picture). A whole bunch of them. Practically worthless in today's collector market...

The Reboot toys I have are like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REBOOT-figure-I ... 2579e45d65

Some are mint, some lower. All still in sealed packages. The CD used different codes to access content but were the same CD with a different picture label for each character.