Anyone ever used the anipike?

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Re: Anyone ever used the anipike?

Post by Animusubi »

yusaku wrote:Anipike was my goto spot for a while. I would go through broken link after broken link of anime shrines, fan sub sites, and Kiss doll sites. I got to find all kinds of fun and wierdness through anipike. I got other connections through comic book stores, anime clubs, and other local otaku and I stop going to anipike. Anipike was a great starting point for all things anime in the late 90's.
Kiss dolls! I still have some from the Kisskae page from way back burned onto disc!
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

You are proof that I am in good company. I was a BIG fan of Kiss Kae. I remember a Kiss content maker called the Scarecrow and I was into his Kiss Kae puzzles. I hope his stuff is still out there. I always wanted to make my own Kiss Kae puzzles. I still want to do that some time in the future. I am going to have some fun with Kiss dolls this week. I am on vacation until Monday. I got some chores that will be completed by early afternoon today and the rest of the week will be mine. We can talk Kiss this week!
***^__^***
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

ryoran wrote:
yusaku wrote:Anipike was my goto spot for a while. I would go through broken link after broken link of anime shrines, fan sub sites, and Kiss doll sites. I got to find all kinds of fun and wierdness through anipike. I got other connections through comic book stores, anime clubs, and other local otaku and I stop going to anipike. Anipike was a great starting point for all things anime in the late 90's.
Kiss dolls! I still have some from the Kisskae page from way back burned onto disc!
omgggg I used to be obsessed with those things! I used to have some on disc somewhere, too, but I'm pretty sure I lost it when I moved. Bummer.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

usamimi wrote:
ryoran wrote:
omgggg I used to be obsessed with those things! I used to have some on disc somewhere, too, but I'm pretty sure I lost it when I moved. Bummer.
When I find mine, I'd be happy to share them, I have a ton!
animusubi
twitter | instagram
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

ooooh yay!! :D
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

Thank's Ryoran! I hope you can find those files. I misplaced my KISS files; and I had some really good dolls too!
***^__^***
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

yusaku wrote:Thank's Ryoran! I hope you can find those files. I misplaced my KISS files; and I had some really good dolls too!
I came across it not too long ago, so I know it's somewhere in my spindle of discs. Haha!
animusubi
twitter | instagram
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Oh wow. Kiss dolls! I remember those! For many of them, you could keep grabbing the undies until they finally could be removed. My friends and myself got lots of giggles over that. IIRC, didn't they have an animated version of KISS that came out?
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Animusubi

Post by Animusubi »

greg wrote:Oh wow. Kiss dolls! I remember those! For many of them, you could keep grabbing the undies until they finally could be removed. My friends and myself got lots of giggles over that. IIRC, didn't they have an animated version of KISS that came out?
I remember some of them having blinking eyes, and music at times. When I find the files I'm going to put them up for everyone to download, it's so nostalgic~
animusubi
twitter | instagram
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

It's the end of an era, folks....Anipike finally went offline: http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/1 ... -shy-of-20

Poor Trixie Turnpike has to find a new job now. :cry: