Ming's Anime Page

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Ming's Anime Page

Post by greg »

Remember Ming's Anime Page? That guy was awesome, and had one of the best anime-dedicated homepages in the '90s, a comprehensive resource to several anime titles. Ming's site was quite often cited and was a fantastic source of anime information. Because of his site, I was introduced to Sakura Taisen on the Sega saturn and learned much about my favorite anime, Legend of the Galactic Heroes. When Sailor Moon was in danger of not being shown on American TV, he launched the Save Our Sailors (SOS) campaign. He was a very influential individual among anime fandom in the '90s.

Then suddenly in 2002 or so, Ming suddenly announced that he was liquidating his entire anime collection for some unknown reason. Why? WHY? He was a legend! Now his pages are only access on the Internet Wayback Machine. So sad!
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page