t-shirt heaven

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

t-shirt heaven

Post by davemerrill »

If you want some old-school Robotech, Star Blazers, or Yamato T-shirts, Kimono My House will let you party like it's 1995: http://www.kimonomyhousetoys.com/shop.c ... 0776_99377

I think these shirts are 20 year old overstock, is what I think. Still available!
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Re: t-shirt heaven

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

Wow, thanks for sharing! I've never seen the site before, but I think I might have purchased items from their eBay store in the past; very cool stuff!
labsenpai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by labsenpai »

Still have my first anime shirt, the US Renditions M-66 tee from 1992. To save $ for books and discs, I had a pal at Kinko's make "color scanner" anime shirts back in the day :geek:
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

I am almost tempted to get some of the Dominion and Project A-ko shirts. I had those same ones nearly 20 years ago, which have long since faded away. Might be a nice piece of nostalgia...
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

It's cool to see Kimono My House still in business! IIRC, that is where I bought my Lum T-shirt and a few posters from, back in the mid-'90s.

My prized T-shirt is still my black & white Macross DYRL T-shirt I bought at a local comic book shop.

My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

Very cool shirt Greg! It looks like they still have it for sale in their eBay store...and they have a limited quantity remaining!
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Originally written by greg on 2015/11/02, 03:54:19 PST :

Re: t-shirt heaven :

Ohmigosh, wow. They still have that same shirt for sale! I got a few praising comments for that shirt at the Summer Wonder Festival a few years back. I'm almost tempted to get a second one in case something happens to my original. I've had it since high school.

Originally written by Kame-Sen'nin on 2015/11/07, 22:18:52 PST :

quote greg Ohmigosh, wow. They still have that same shirt for sale! I got a few praising comments for that shirt at the Summer Wonder Festival a few years back. I'm almost tempted to get a second one in case something happens to my original. I've had it since high school. quote
It never hurts to have a backup! To be honest, I'm tempted to get one myself it's a very cool shirt.

Originally written by Animusubi on 2015/11/22, 12:03:58 PST :

Ooh thanks for the tip! I can see a few of those that would make some good Christmas gifts for a friend! I kind of want the Lying King shirt because of how ridiculous it is. But that Dominion one is awesome.
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

not that this has anything to do with Kimono My House but I wanted to test the 'attachments' feature and this is a photo of the Captain Harlock shirt I bought at a convention in Atlanta in I wanna say 1985. It hasn't held up so well.
herlock.jpg
herlock.jpg (130.43 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
I do kind of like the clunky look of the artwork, and the "Herlock" spelling is a bonus!
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Wasn't the 'Herlock' spelling an early or mid-eighties dub spelling? I feel like I've seen it somewhere else.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Post by SteveH »

Drew_Sutton wrote:Wasn't the 'Herlock' spelling an early or mid-eighties dub spelling? I feel like I've seen it somewhere else.
It's been back and forth over and over during the past decades. It all depends on the whims of Matsumoto (because he then always does an interview where he justifies the spelling in English) and whoever is making the program.

But that Tee, I'm pretty sure that's some Vaunda Perry art from one of the C/Fo newsletters. It's not Treadwell's style and not Wendy's either.

Ya know, those old club magazines. If the thing hadn't disintergrated with the infighting and fan politics bullcrap, I bet the Blacks would have had a full color 'pro-zine' about anime on the market by 1989.