Akira soundtrack to get vinyl release

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Akira soundtrack to get vinyl release

Post by usamimi »

Looks like Milan Records will be releasing an LP of the Akira symphonic soundtrack: http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-fa ... an-records

I'm really enjoying this new trend of anime soundtrack vinyl releases. Between this & Tiger Labs' releases, some nice anime LPs coming out lately!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Akira soundtrack to get vinyl release

Post by DKop »

I kinda want that for my collection, as menial as it might be. Maybe they will put out reissue of Gundam OSTs or Bubblegum Crisis (which im not holding my breath on).
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

I secretly hope for that too but I'm also not holding my breath. :lol:
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Post by SteveH »

There is nothing that they're going to release on vinyl that I don't already own on vinyl. Because I bought a LOT of records back in the early '80s. :)
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

usamimi wrote:Looks like Milan Records will be releasing an LP of the Akira symphonic soundtrack: http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-fa ... an-records

I'm really enjoying this new trend of anime soundtrack vinyl releases. Between this & Tiger Labs' releases, some nice anime LPs coming out lately!
I am loving this trend (and the trend of game soundtracks getting vinyl re-releases) as well. I will definitely have to pick this one up when it's available.
DKop wrote:I kinda want that for my collection, as menial as it might be. Maybe they will put out reissue of Gundam OSTs or Bubblegum Crisis (which im not holding my breath on).
If this happened, you could sign me up to pre-order the Bubblegum Crisis, Gundam 0080, and Gundam 0083 OSTs right now!
SteveH wrote:There is nothing that they're going to release on vinyl that I don't already own on vinyl. Because I bought a LOT of records back in the early '80s. :)
Sounds like you have quite the collection! I'd love to see some pictures if you have any!
gaijinpunch
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by gaijinpunch »

Curious if this one is gonna be mastered off of the tapes. or something else. As someone that owns the original vinyl (even though it only has about half the soundtrack) this isn't the best news in the world for me, but I'm sure I'll get it. The last "vinyl release" turns out to be a bootleg.

Any idea when this is supposed to get released?
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Yeah, that's the only downside to vinyl soundtracks: unless it's a double LP set, it's usually just highlights from the score & not the entire thing (unless it's short). But I'm still up for that xD

It's a shame the one Ghost in the shell vinyl I see sometimes is a bootleg. I'd love it if someone would release an official one for the 95 movie, Kenji Kawai's music for it is certainly deserving.

They haven't released any new info since the original announcement, but I assume sometime next year?
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

If there is going to be Kenji Kawai music on vinyl id love to own the Patlabor the movies soundtrack in that form.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Well, we at least have Kenji Kawai's Devilman lp from Tigerlab! http://tigerlabvinyl.bigcartel.com/prod ... -pre-order
gaijinpunch
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by gaijinpunch »

usamimi wrote:Yeah, that's the only downside to vinyl soundtracks: unless it's a double LP set, it's usually just highlights from the score & not the entire thing (unless it's short). But I'm still up for that xD

It's a shame the one Ghost in the shell vinyl I see sometimes is a bootleg. I'd love it if someone would release an official one for the 95 movie, Kenji Kawai's music for it is certainly deserving.

They haven't released any new info since the original announcement, but I assume sometime next year?
Was the original soundtrack ever released on vinyl? I'm worried this will be mastered off of digital... I'd give it like 80% chance that it is. But, we shall see. I would assume the original was not, but that's only b/c it was 1988, and was definitely not common practice to do so then. It's definitely the gem of my vinyl collection. I even got it for a freaking STEAL.

The only GitS item I have is the original PSX game soundtrack on vinyl. It cost me like 4800 yen many moons ago, but is good if you like techno. (Pretty hard techno). The title track is by Takkyuu Ishino of Denki Groove fame.