Anime Not Released Anywhere

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Anime Not Released Anywhere

Post by Daniel »

To accompany the anime not released overseas thread, I thought I'd make a thread about anime that has not been released anywhere, whether in Japan or otherwise.

The one that I've really been pining over is the Tekken Chinmi TV series. If I could find a release, I'd buy it in an instant, but I've never seen such a release. There was a video released in Japan, but it's only a short compilation. If any of you guys in Japan notice that it's going to get a re-broadcast on TV, please let me know. :)

Another one is Shonen Ninja Kaze no Fujimaru, a real oldie. I believe that there is a DVD, but again, just some sort of compilation or just a few episodes. Like Tekken Chinmi, I'd much appreciate it if, if this gets a re-broadcast, one of you guys would let me know.
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: Anime Not Released Anywhere

Post by davemerrill »

The series I get the most email about is "Flying Warped Boy Ranpou". As far as I know it was never released on home video in any format. That may also be the case with "Galvion" - I know at least one episode of that series was never even broadcast.

Used to be people were desperate to see "Prince Planet", but Hulu fixed that. Thank goodness.
Daishikaze
Anime Fan Since: 1983

Re: Anime Not Released Anywhere

Post by Daishikaze »

davemerrill wrote:The series I get the most email about is "Flying Warped Boy Ranpou". As far as I know it was never released on home video in any format. That may also be the case with "Galvion" - I know at least one episode of that series was never even broadcast.

Used to be people were desperate to see "Prince Planet", but Hulu fixed that. Thank goodness.
Oh Ranpou, You and Joe Vecchio both mentioned it on the AWO podcast and I got hooked on the few clips I could find..............CURSE YOU! I really wish someone would track it down and license it, they could probably get it for a song at this point.