New streaming service Hidive streaming LOTGH

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

New streaming service Hidive streaming LOTGH

Post by usamimi »

So there's yet another anine streaming service out now called Hidive, which is basically a reboot of The Anime Network (which will be phased out for it by the end of the year, so articles say). They have a partnership with Sentai & will be the exclusive home to streaming Legend of the Galactic Heroes!

https://www.hidive.com/stream/legend-of ... es/s01e001

You have to be a member to view the show, but it's only $3.99 a month right now so that's not a terrible price for a new ep of LOTGH every week.

Other than LOTGH, they have some free streaming shows like The Big O, Nadia Secret of Blue Water, Patlabor TV, Casshan, & Urashiman.

They don't have an app yet but the videos work on my phone browser. I'm hoping eventually they'll have a PS4 app that'd be nice!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
runesaint
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: New streaming service Hidive streaming LOTGH

Post by runesaint »

I am glad to hear this... I was wondering if the acquisition of GinEiDen/LoGH was going anywhere... is it... wrong of me? or just "old fashioned" to want to have a physical copy of the show as well. Well, another physical copy anyway...
karageko
Anime Fan Since: ~2004

Post by karageko »

runesaint wrote:is it... wrong of me? or just "old fashioned" to want to have a physical copy of the show as well. Well, another physical copy anyway...
A show as great as LoGH is definitely worth owning physically; I really like LoGH but not enough to import all the Blu-Ray box sets at Japanese pricing. Seeing as for the longest time people never thought that this show was actually ever going to be released officially, at the very least Hidive brings the surreal a bit closer to reality :)
Name: Austin
TwitterBlog
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

People keep asking Sentai about the physical release (since it's been what, 2 years since they announced it?) & they keep saying it's coming. Just...no idea when :?
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*