Animeigo will be kickstarting Gunsmith Cats in 2018!

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Animeigo will be kickstarting Gunsmith Cats in 2018!

Post by usamimi »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... 3%E2%80%AC

SO excited about this!! My old DVD definitely needs and upgrade, lol.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Animeigo will be kickstarting Gunsmith Cats in 2018!

Post by DKop »

I'm glad Robert got the rights to it, so you know its going to be grand.

I'll take a Shelby keychain or patch to go with it, I hope the copyright to use the logo isn't too much on the kickstarter depending on how it's likeness is used. That would be a sick keychain, but we'll see.
Akage
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by Akage »

I wanna support this. I've heard good things about Animeigo Kickstarters, so I'm on board. Really tired of how DMP has been handling their Kickstarters.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

Akage wrote:I wanna support this. I've heard good things about Animeigo Kickstarters, so I'm on board. Really tired of how DMP has been handling their Kickstarters.
Robert has been handling these Kickstarter releases better than most of these anime companies have been doing. He does these as the best way to handle and know the demand on the titles he releases, which at its core is really an on print demand way of putting anime out there. If you pay whatever the perk is and the material you want with it, you will get it, no questions asked. For being one of the founders of anime in the states, its no wonder he's been able to stay in business for almost 30 years at this point. This will be the 4th one he's done, and by letting fans (of ALL people) work on these titles, they come out meeting the expectations of those who support them.

He did make a joke once at an Animazement panel that between when the Kickstarter gets funded and when people receive the product, it would take as long as a woman's pregnancy. Of course depending on which studio he works with and how long litigation can go, the kid can be born and be walking by the time you get your anime set in the mail :lol: . At least its better for him to take his time making sure things work like they should and correctly the first time than to goof up and not own up to it.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Akage wrote:I wanna support this. I've heard good things about Animeigo Kickstarters, so I'm on board. Really tired of how DMP has been handling their Kickstarters.
Robert's Kickstarters are great: he gives very frequent updates that are very detailed, every penny of the funding is noted and accounted for, and when there's extra, he likes to make improvements that the backers can vote on so that the majority is happy. I honestly rarely see other Kickstarters be as detailed and transparent as his are. (He even Kickstarted an ap on managing Kickstarters! :lol: )

Backers also get all the cool goodies that you don't get by just purchasing the finished product off the website, so I always recommend it.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*