New Cutie Honey anime in 2018! Cutie Honey Universe!

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

New Cutie Honey anime in 2018! Cutie Honey Universe!

Post by usamimi »

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/262201

Looks like the Go Nagai 50th Anniversary news continues to roll out with a new Cutie Honey anime! Not much info, but there's some key animation and it looks pretty cute!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Re: New Cutie Honey anime in 2018! Cutie Honey Universe!

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Interested to see if this will be a TV or OAV series (I didn't see where the article said so) but it looks like it might be a re-telling of the original Panther Claw stories. Animation is being done by Production REED; I'm not familiar with them or any of the staff they've announced.

Director: Yokoyama Akitoshi
Series composition: Takahashi Natsuko
Character Design & Storyboard Direction: Iseki Shuu'ichi
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Drew_Sutton wrote:Interested to see if this will be a TV or OAV series (I didn't see where the article said so) but it looks like it might be a re-telling of the original Panther Claw stories. Animation is being done by Production REED; I'm not familiar with them or any of the staff they've announced.

Director: Yokoyama Akitoshi
Series composition: Takahashi Natsuko
Character Design & Storyboard Direction: Iseki Shuu'ichi
Thanks for the info Drew! Looking it up, Yokoyama looks to have worked on some pretty good stuff as an animator, key animator, & director (ie City Hunter the movie, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Irresponsible Captain Tylor). Takahashi worked on Gankutsuou, Casshern Sins, one of the new Yatterman reboots. Iseki I had more trouble looking up, but it looks like he's been working on most of Trigger's new stuff? So all & all sounds like a decent staff.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

So, I still have issues with nanori, how you read Japanese kanji for names, and I wanted to cross check quickly with Wikipedia to make sure I got them right (and I was way off on a couple :lol: ).

In Iseki's quick Bio on Wikipedia, it says that after graduation he worked at GAINAX and then went to Studio Khara. So feasible we've seen his work in many of their recent projects, as well as Trigger's.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.