100 years of anime video

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

100 years of anime video

Post by usamimi »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-GV4X ... e=youtu.be

A really neat video by the Association of Japanese Animations highlighting 100 years of anime in this 15 minute video. I like that they didn't ALWAYS go for stuff that was super popular, and included a lot of stop-motion animation stuff I've never seen before. A pretty neat video, and the song is done by a veritable super group of artists that includes JAM Project and a bunch of popular anisong folks.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Kyrant
Anime Fan Since: 2003-ish

Re: 100 years of anime video

Post by Kyrant »

It's the 100 years of anime video, guest starring Studio Ghibli in the role of Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Compilation!

Honestly, as far as editing goes, it's really not any better than some similar fan-made videos I've seen, and has some very noticeable "we could not get the rights to clips from this groundbreaking work" syndrome, but what it lacks in panache, it really makes up for in the inclusion of works that other clip shows lack, but really deserve to be included. It's not only informative, it makes me want to check out some of the more obscure stuff. I also appreciate that it didn't seem to get hung up on one particular time period, as other montages tend to do. Overall, a pretty neat showcase of the medium's evolution.
PinkAppleJam
Anime Fan Since: 1992

Re: 100 years of anime video

Post by PinkAppleJam »

How adorable, thanks for sharing this! <3