Older anime/manga related announcements from Anime Expo 2018

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Older anime/manga related announcements from Anime Expo 2018

Post by usamimi »

From Viz:

-They're reprinting the Banana Fish manga to tie in with the new anime.
-They'll be releasing JJBA Part 4 manga in English.
-They've also picked up the upcoming Part 5 anime, the live action Part 4 movie, and the Part 4 anime will be airing dubbed on Toonami after Stardust Crusaders ends.

From Section 23:

-They're releasing physical versions of Space Runaway Ideon, Xabungle, and Votoms!

From Nozomi/Rightstuf:

-G Gundam will be getting an Ultra Edition release this holiday season!
-They're also going to do an Ultra Edition for Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and are taking suggestions on twitter for what you'd like to see in the extras.

From Funimation:

-They will be releasing Zillion this October! Sadly no Streamline dub will be included.

From Kodansha:

-The Sailor Moon Eternal Edition re-release of the manga will start coming out this September.
-Naoko Takeuchi is apparently thinking about coming to AX in the future.
-They're considering bringing the new Sailor Moon musicals to the US if they can get the logistics worked out. They'll be trying it out in France first.

If there's anything I forgot, feel free to add to this!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Older anime/manga related announcements from Anime Expo 2018

Post by DKop »

I was hoping that Streamline dub could be included, but I got my tapes so I could always make the attempt to do a fanedit from the audio of my tapes to the re-release. It's crazy Zillion got picked up, I thought I was the only person that liked that series, but now i'll get to meet more fans of it!