Anime on DVD/BD wishlists

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Anime on DVD/BD wishlists

Post by DKop »

usamimi wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:12 am

First time releases:

Angel's Egg,

I pretty much echo most of the stuff mentioned already, too. Just give us all the anime! :lol:
I think if an official release were to come out, it would be a crime NOT to add that "In the Aftermath" movie included with the release, so really I'd categorize it as a re-release in my book, but thats just me. 8-)
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

"In the Aftermath" is a movie that just uses "Angel's Egg", so I don't count that as an actual "Angel's Egg" release.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Post by Char Aznable »

My wishlist mostly consists of out-of-print titles:

-Dominion Tank Police (original and "new" series)
-Legend of Lemnear
-Plastic Little
-Birdy the Mighty (OVA)
-Madox-01
-Airbats
-Guyver: Out of Control (My number one pick, as it never received a DVD release in the USA. The VHS copy is difficult find even on eBay and--when it does show up--tends to be pricey.)

As for shows that never received an official DVD release in the states, I'd vote for:

-Speed Racer X (Technically this show is available, but only if one buys the $300 collection with plastic Speed Racer bust.)
-The New Adventures of Gigantor (This is one of those extremely rare shows that, despite frequenting horror/sci-fi conventions for years, never seen a single vendor selling bootleg copies--and that's saying something. The show aired on Sci-Fi channel back in the '90s--and originally aired in Japan back in 1980.)