Maiden Japan releasing complete Xabungle and Ideon in December '18

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
whitesnake
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Maiden Japan releasing complete Xabungle and Ideon in December '18

Post by whitesnake »

Hoping I'm not just posting some news already here.
The Xabungle Blu-ray has episodes 1 - 50 and the movie. Pre-order discount at https://www.rightstufanime.com/Xabungle-Blu-ray
Space Runaway Ideon has episodes 1 - 39 and movies 1 - 2. Pre-order discount at https://www.rightstufanime.com/Space-Ru ... on-Blu-ray
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Maiden Japan releasing complete Xabungle and Ideon in December '18

Post by llj »

I guess I can't complain since we are at least getting them, but there ARE blu-rays of Ideon in Japan, I believe. Was released several years ago so it's not like it just came out in Japan either.
llj

Post by llj »

I'm talking about HD versions rather than SD, of course.
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Post by SteveH »

Good news all around, insofar as these both on the old "impossible to release in the U.S.!!!" excuse list.

I do hope they aren't compressed all to hell and gone to cram too many episodes on a BD disc. This was always one of the clarion calls of the 'BD Uber Alles' crowd, with their idea that one could cram an entire 26 episode TV series onto one BD disc.

Maybe it can be done, by the stats and all, but I suspect it wouldn't be very viewable. I recall those Speed Racer DVDs that had like, what, 12 or more episodes on a DVD-9? *brrrrr*

The strength of BD is the ROOM available, so let those episodes breathe, man.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

Yea more room means better quality SD version episodes. Upconverting them to the best quality is more important than trying to cram everything on a disk for lower costs of production. I'd rather pay more for better quality than a slimmer bluray disc on my shelf.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

And update on this: Maiden Japan has cancelled the Ideon release for December, but it's to instead do an HD bluray release of it! So it's not coming out in December as originally planned, but it will later. :D
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
llj

Post by llj »

usamimi wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:00 am And update on this: Maiden Japan has cancelled the Ideon release for December, but it's to instead do an HD bluray release of it! So it's not coming out in December as originally planned, but it will later. :D
Ah, nice. They answered my first few posts' wishes.