Anyone here sort of give up on newer anime?

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
labsenpai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Anyone here sort of give up on newer anime?

Post by labsenpai »

mbanu wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 am The background artists, storyboarders, young workers on that old stuff who are now the leaders of the anime industry. Let new fans know about the artistic childhood of their favorite artists.
Another way is to follow the family tree. Look for interviews with directors; which directors working today were inspired by the same older anime that inspired you? You will find a common touchstone in their work.
Agreed...I look for the handiwork of veterans in the new stuff, or old titles being rebooted/continued. For example, seeing H. Mikimoto character designs used in Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, and the long awaited post-OVA JOJO arcs. Of course, some projects suffer from scant budgets or the loss of original voice talent, but I'll never gripe because one can usually return to the premier source.

/would like more feature films though :(
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Pretty sure this isn't the first time a thread exactly on this same topic has popped up but: I watch anything that catches my interest, and drop it if I don't like it, new or old. I usually find one or 2 things a season to watch...which is fine by me, as I probably wouldn't have time to watch more, anyway. :lol: There's still people out there making cool stuff...it just often gets ignored in favor of the latest fads. (Though sometimes cool stuff does get its recognition! ) I can totally understand people who don't watch newer stuff tho. There's sometimes around 50 or more new shows a season now...keeping up with all that would be exhausting! And looking through lists of all of it to see if there's anything that catches your eye can be a chore. It's definitely a case of way too much output lately & I keep hoping it'll calm down...All these animators & staff people are spreading themselves too thin, and I worry for their health.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Cyath
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by Cyath »

Yeah I typically look at artists and directors whom I love. I;m sure there is still good stuff out there.