New Spriggan anime adaptation to be made!

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

New Spriggan anime adaptation to be made!

Post by usamimi »

Looks like David Productions will be making a new Spriggan anime adaptation for Netflix soon! Since I've been enjoying their JJBA release so far, I'm looking forward to seeing how this'll be. The movie from the 90s looked really cool, but had a LOT of problems... http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/1 ... getting-an
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Fireminer
Anime Fan Since: 2012

Re: New Spriggan anime adaptation to be made!

Post by Fireminer »

usamimi wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:44 pm Looks like David Productions will be making a new Spriggan anime adaptation for Netflix soon! Since I've been enjoying their JJBA release so far, I'm looking forward to seeing how this'll be. The movie from the 90s looked really cool, but had a LOT of problems... http://animenostalgia.tumblr.com/post/1 ... getting-an
I haven't read the original manga, but didn't it use some motifs that might potentially annoy the Christians?
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: New Spriggan anime adaptation to be made!

Post by usamimi »

Fireminer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:24 am I haven't read the original manga, but didn't it use some motifs that might potentially annoy the Christians?
It's been a while since I've read it, but possibly, yeah. I remember for certain them finding stuff having to do with Noah's ark at least?

The manga also has him fighting Neo-Nazis, too, I believe. I really should dig through my manga and see if I still have those old Viz releases...
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*