New free North American streaming app: Retro Crush

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

New free North American streaming app: Retro Crush

Post by usamimi »

So Retro Crush just recently launched their Beta version of their app: http://retrocrush.tv It's mostly the same offerings they have on Asian Crush & Midnight Pulp, but in one convenient place. A word of warning, though--not every title they got streaming rights to is in HD/high quality, so some of these would look better on a phone screen rather than a large TV (like Bubblegum Crisis or Dagger of Kamui....both of which look to be very dated in quality). But for an official, free app mostly centered around older anime, it's not bad!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
mbanu
Anime Fan Since: 2001

Re: New free North American streaming app: Retro Crush

Post by mbanu »

For folks who like to connect new services with old services, I've heard that Retro Crush was started by some of the same folks who ran ImaginAsian back in the mid-2000s. :)
mbanu: What's between Old School and New School?
runesaint: Hmmm. "Middle School", perhaps?
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Oh interesting!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

I've downloaded the app in a couple of my Firesticks and been poking around the catalog a bit - lots of interesting stuff there in the catalog. It's been some of my afternoon background noise when I don't have a lot of meetings for work. I feel like there is a lot of stuff there that is available streaming elsewhere, which isn't a bad thing but I feel like RetroCrush is basically a filter that a service like Crunchyroll should have.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.