Tubi to stream Dr Slump, Gegege no Kitaro, and more!

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Tubi to stream Dr Slump, Gegege no Kitaro, and more!

Post by usamimi »

WOW, this came out of nowhere--Tubi dropped a press release today about their new expanded partnership with Toei, which includes them streaming things like newer Saint Seiya anime, Slam Dunk, and never-before-streaming titles Dr Slump and Gegege no Kitaro?! https://corporate.tubitv.com/press/fox- ... animation/

I'm at least HOPING the Kitaro they're talking about is one of the classics and not just the newer one that came out a couple years ago. And fingers crossed they mean the classic Dr Slump and not the late 90s series....STILL, that's interesting news that I wasn't expecting to hear today!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
cosmosamurai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Tubi to stream Dr Slump, Gegege no Kitaro, and more!

Post by cosmosamurai »

Cool. I've been watching the 80s Kitaro via a rip of old off air recordings of when it aired on Nippon Golden Network (Skaro Hunting Society release) and it would be nice to see it more accessible, and in higher quality (though the old recordings are neat, with stuff like ads for Japanese book stores and videogame shops in Hawaii). Also watch a hq fansub of Slump (original series), but it's nowhere near complete so classic Slump would be welcome too.