What are you Watching?

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
Daishikaze
Anime Fan Since: 1983

Re: What are you Watching?

Post by Daishikaze »

finished Grappler Baki. Damn I want more of this show. I hope when Itagaki finishes the Manga up this year we'll get more anime.
r-18
Anime Fan Since: 1967

Post by r-18 »

currently .... strike witches... not that i haven't seen it several times but it is a filler till some of last seasons anime finishes up....
Net-Lex
Anime Fan Since: 1984 (if Voltron counts)

Post by Net-Lex »

Been watching Saint Seiya for the past few weeks. Started with the original show (of course), went through the movies, and am about to finish off the Hades Elysium arc. This show is EPIC, and IMO stands right up there with Dragon Ball, in terms of fighting shows that (despite a bit of drag-on) keep you coming back for more.
r-18

Post by r-18 »

i just finished up the strike watches series ....if you can get past the silly ecchi crap...it is not a bad anime....i still prefer skygirls ....but that is probably just me...now where to go next ....???
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

I just submitted an order with Right Stuf for the Dirty Pair OVA series (gladly to replace the horrid ADV DVDs I already own) and Martian Successor Nadesico for the heck of it. I don't remember Nadesico much, other than the cool retro mecha anime the characters kept watching in the show, as well as wondering why an imbecile was made captain of the starship. I'll give it another chance.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
r-18

Post by r-18 »

usagi drop...this anime ...if you do not get all choked up watching it..you have to turn in your human license...
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Don't watch it much anymore. Prefer live stuff from here: Continuum, Stargate (all series), Galactica, Falling Skies (the 2nd season has been quite good compared to the first), Game of Thrones, Alphas, Dr. Who (haven't cottoned to Matt Smith as the doc though), Primeval, etc. Not to say I don't watch animation: Black Dynamite, The Legend of Korra, Young Justice, etc. but not much from Japan. Been enjoying Yamato 2199 a lot though. It's a blast!

I watch a lot of TCM these days but my PVR is full of HD versions of movies that I am unable to transfer to HDD as I lack the equipment. They were running lots of stuff like Bomba The Jungle Boy which has no DVD release. I tend to record a lot of films, especially for other people where there is no DVD release. I'm not alone it seems. Was on AVSForums the other day and people who get the channel in Europe doing likewise.
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Are the Japanese doing anything live anymore with a scifi bent or is it just Sentai, Henshin and the odd Kaiju series? Even without SyFy (which is no longer scifi oriented) there is lots of stuff from the US, Canada, the UK and even New Zealand. Even the bad scifi/monster movies that SyFy makes is something. Japanese used to be known for limited budget but good horror and scifi but what have they been up to of late?

Just dumped down a listing of online TV streaming sites from (of all places) the Blackberry fansite Crackberry. Even more stuff to add to my ever growing online TV channels list. My Blackberry Playbook TV app just took another upgrade today that added several French channels out of Quebec. Still trying to find an app that gives me those 25 Japanese channels that are on the M121 IPTV box. Probably for Android systems though as that's what the boxes use. If I want to watch anime online, there is plenty enough. Just no more time.

Now, since my aunt was gratious enough to send me 10 free movie passes for my birthday, it's off to "The Expendables 2".

See you soon...
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

BikeLover wrote:Mach GoGoGo rerun.

And for greg the car is a definite blue/different colour underneath in the anime, not all white.
Checked for shadows on other cars in the race, etc scenes and it don't show up.

Same for the interior black besides the seats, console, etc. Headlights are yellow tinted.
Ah, thanks. So a metallic blue would be more suitable for the lower part of the car? So what color are the seats and the console? Red?
_D_ wrote:SyFy (which is no longer scifi oriented)
Ugh, don't remind me. What a terrible waste. I think it stared with that wrestling crap and it's been downhill since then. Nobody is interested in real SF anymore. It's all this wussy vampire crap these days. Instead of looking to the stars, people are staring at their feet. Stuff like zombies and werewolves are okay, but when it means the death of real SF, that is sad. Even in the book world, SF authors are heading towards these other trends so they can keep their jobs.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
_D_

Post by _D_ »

_D_ wrote:SyFy (which is no longer scifi oriented)
greg wrote: Ugh, don't remind me. What a terrible waste. I think it stared with that wrestling crap and it's been downhill since then. Nobody is interested in real SF anymore. It's all this wussy vampire crap these days. Instead of looking to the stars, people are staring at their feet. Stuff like zombies and werewolves are okay, but when it means the death of real SF, that is sad. Even in the book world, SF authors are heading towards these other trends so they can keep their jobs.
Not quite true. Continuum just ended it's run. Set in Canada of 2077 and 2012. Falling Skies is mostly Earth based. If you mean outer space based series, I think they just ran out of ideas. Still waiting for the Galactica spin off/pilot "Blood and Chrome". Too bad it wasn't picked up as a series. Alphas is like Mutant X. Dr. Who is about it for space based series these days. Animation has several with Young Justice, Green Lantern, Ben 10 Omniverse, Star Wars The Clone Wars, etc.