The ill-fated ImaginAsian DVD releases of TMS anime shows

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

The ill-fated ImaginAsian DVD releases of TMS anime shows

Post by greg »

Back in 2007, the ImaginAsian channel started showing classic TMS anime shows: Super Dimension Century Orguss, Cat's Eye, and Nobody's Boy Remi. I don't have any Asian cable stations where I live, but the good thing is that ImaginAsian released these shows on DVD. The cool thing they did was that the first disc shipped with a slimcase, and subsequent DVD volumes were shipped in a simple sleeve. The discs could then be added to the slim pack case.

Unforunately, this DVD venture fell on its face quickly. I was only able to collect Orguss before this went belly up. Cat's Eye is a classic 80s anime, but I've never seen it. My good friend from Mexico says that they got Remi when he was growing up, but I've never seen that, either. These three shows must be rare collectors' items by now.

Do you guys own any of these on DVD?
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Re: The ill-fated ImaginAsian DVD releases of TMS anime show

Post by Daniel »

I don't have any myself. Maybe David's got something?

Is the ImaginAsian channel still going?
Jen526
Anime Fan Since: 1992-ish

Re: The ill-fated ImaginAsian DVD releases of TMS anime show

Post by Jen526 »

I massively kick myself for not picking up Orguss and Cat's Eye when I had the chance. It came and went so quick, and the "on-demand" way they were printing them meant that there were no extra copies anywhere to buy after they closed up shop.

I liked the few episodes I've seen of Cat's Eye, but wasn't sure at the time that I would want the whole series. I figured it would be like City Hunter and the formula would get old for me... but now that it's gone, I wish I'd grabbed it anyway.

I'm pretty sure ANN's video feed was streaming Remi for a while earlier this year, so maybe they'll get ahold of the others sometime, too?