Old Scripts... are they around?

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Re: Old Scripts... are they around?

Post by Daniel »

Say, Todd, do you have backup hardware? What if some of that old equipment goes down?
Heibi
Anime Fan Since: 1976

Post by Heibi »

I'll have to learn how to time via Aegisub somehow. I use it to edit all my works.
gaijinpunch
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by gaijinpunch »

Old thread, I know, but wondering if anyone knows anything else? Todd, you used to release your scripts on that early version of the internet... know of any places that might have a backup? By today's standards, they take up zero space. Shit, you could probably fit every fan-subbed script on a thumb drive. O,o
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

The only scripts I have come from the Berkeley Anime book I found at an Animazement a couple of years ago, which is pretty detailed for a published book:

http://animeofyesteryear.blogspot.com/2 ... al-of.html
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

I'd have to track down the people responsible for the scripts we used back in the day. I don't want to just scan them though as they might be in electronic form already. More work...
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

I think some of Doi Hitoshi's older scripts/synopses from usenet are on his site (doi.usagi.org, IIRC). They're organized in his series collections, so you'd have to dig through those pages, rather than being archived together. I remember reading through his file for the first Touch movie and it was the motivation to seek out the film; glad I did because it became one of my favorite films. The ones I remember reading don't read like scripts (at least what I would think of as reading scripts) but more a summary of action with specific pieces of dialog described in English; files range in length from subject and duration of media - an episode of Dragonball Z might be a few paragraphs, where as the Touch took me like a half hour to get through.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.