The old-school anime DVD/BD news thread.

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: The old-school anime DVD/BD news thread.

Post by llj »

My biggest problem with Project Eden is that Kei and Yuri are essentially shoved to the side in their own movie. But OTOH it's a beautifully animated movie and the opening credit sequence is ACE.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

The Opening and Ending of that film are choice visual asthetics that people can point to and say "Hey, this is why Anime is some serious good stuff to check out!"

That and Wattsman has his own theme song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V00ZIGnlJnQ
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

YES!! Discotek got Crusher Joe!! ;A; https://www.facebook.com/14716805531229 ... permPage=1

So happy. This is def something that needs to be back in print! I'm glad they're saying they'll do a blu-ray eventually, too. The Japanese blu-ray promo looked really nice!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
llj

Post by llj »

usamimi wrote:YES!! Discotek got Crusher Joe!! ;A; https://www.facebook.com/14716805531229 ... permPage=1

So happy. This is def something that needs to be back in print! I'm glad they're saying they'll do a blu-ray eventually, too. The Japanese blu-ray promo looked really nice!
Oh yeah!
DKop

Post by DKop »

Can't wait to own/see this film.
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

usamimi wrote:YES!! Discotek got Crusher Joe!! ;A; https://www.facebook.com/14716805531229 ... permPage=1

Awesome news! :D
llj

Post by llj »

I own the 2 Crusher Joe OVAs on VHS but I don't think I've ever seen the movie. I'll hold out for the blu, which might be at least another year away, but I'm glad it's coming.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

llj wrote:I own the 2 Crusher Joe OVAs on VHS but I don't think I've ever seen the movie. I'll hold out for the blu, which might be at least another year away, but I'm glad it's coming.
Yeah, I'm more excited for the BD, but I might get the dvd & gift it to someone else once the BD comes out? I'm impatient xD
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
llj

Post by llj »

Not sure if I've missed any other notable old school announcements, but I see Discotek has rescued Key The Metal Idol. Apparently DVD only though.

I'm a minor fan of this OVA, but I don't see myself a big enough one to go spring for a DVD re-release of it (I don't own the Viz DVDs either). If it were on Blu-Ray, though, I'd definitely consider it.
DKop

Post by DKop »

The two titles that will make me flip my lid are Angel Cop and Sol Bianca (original OVAs). I think its just getting closer and closer to that period now...