Seven Seas licenses the classic, ORIGINAL Devilman!

Discuss manga, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Seven Seas licenses the classic, ORIGINAL Devilman!

Post by usamimi »

After announcing some of the spin offs, Seven Seas finally announced they'll be releasing the original Classic Devilman in English next year (just in time for the new Netflix series! ) http://www.sevenseasentertainment.com/2 ... ga-series/
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: Seven Seas licenses the classic, ORIGINAL Devilman!

Post by davemerrill »

Been waiting for this for a long time! Well, not that I knew this was coming, but I've been waiting for somebody to take a chance on releasing this in English (again) for... well, ever since I saw that Dynamic Pro Devilman release back in the day. This is probably the best devil-related news possible.
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Post by SteveH »

Seconded.

Was there ever a manga version drawn in the style of the TV series? I know Yamato had a couple of different adaptions so I would think Devilman might get the same treatment (because 'goat leg' Devilman is more scary than 'Prowres' TV Devilman, see).
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

SteveH wrote:Seconded.

Was there ever a manga version drawn in the style of the TV series? I know Yamato had a couple of different adaptions so I would think Devilman might get the same treatment (because 'goat leg' Devilman is more scary than 'Prowres' TV Devilman, see).
I'm not sure about that. I know there's the more modern Devilman G manga, and several other similar moder spinoffs, but they're more horror style iirc. It wouldn't surprise me if there where others, tho. It's a popular enough franchise.

The preorder for the classic Devilman vol 1 is up on Amazon now! Coming in March, hardcover with 680 pages! Impressive! http://amzn.to/2v67Mjj
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*