Seven Seas licenses the classic, ORIGINAL Space Pirate Captain Harlock!

Discuss manga, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles, and related sub-topics
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Seven Seas licenses the classic, ORIGINAL Space Pirate Captain Harlock!

Post by usamimi »

I can't believe I forgot to post this here because I was freaking out over it, but Seven Seas will be releasing Leiji Matsumoto's original Harlock manga next year! http://www.sevenseasentertainment.com/2 ... ardcovers/

The best part is that Zack Davison, who translated the Emeraldas manga, will be doing this series! So I'm very excited given how fantastic the Emeraldas English release was. :mrgreen:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
runesaint
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Seven Seas licenses the classic, ORIGINAL Space Pirate Captain Harlock!

Post by runesaint »

Certainly something to add to my list of want items..Hm. April 2018.
I know that I can always add it to my calendars, but .. Ah! It does exist. Apparently 'Boomerang for Gmail' allows you to schedule an e-mail to go out on a particular date and time. I can actually send an e-mail to future.me telling future.me to pick it up... or at least see if the release has been delayed.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Haha nice! Good idea, I should start setting up reminders, if I don't preorder sometimes I forget. :lol:
runesaint
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by runesaint »

So.... um... is there going to be a 'Volume 4'? Wikipedia says that the original was 5 volumes, but I know that volume size can vary.. the original post says that it was going to be 3 volumes, and now, 2 years later, there are three and I read them and... is this how the original manga ended?
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

The Seven Seas release are omnibus volumes, containing several books worth of chapters in each, so vol.3 was the final volume. Yup...that's how the manga ended 😅 Some of Matsumoto's manga ends a bit abruptly (Yamato is also this way), which is why many fans prefer the anime adaptations...much more material there.