What are you Reading?

Discuss manga, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles, and related sub-topics
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Re: What are you Reading?

Post by Heero »

Path wrote:I figured going in it was going to be sad (aren't just about all dog books?), but I still loved it regardless. I didn't see Hachi, is it worth watching? I think I saw it listed on Netflix.
If you love dog stories (like Stargazing Dog) then "Hachi" is definitely worth watching, but it WILL make you cry. If you know the Hachiko story, it's basically that. The DVD is worth grabbing/renting (we rented it from RedBox) because some of the extras included talk about the breed of dog Hachiko was and there's interesting info about the filming and such. But the story itself is very sweet for dog lovers.
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

I kinda fell out of Oh! My Goddess after high school back in 2002, but picked up volume 33 on a whim at Goodwill for .75 cents recently. I was gonna put it out in a garage sale I had last weekend, but since it was slow, I ended up reading it, and getting back into it. :lol: So kept it and decided I wanted to start collecting it.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
Heero
Anime Fan Since: 1980

Post by Heero »

re: Oh My Goddess
If you're one of those people that got annoyed with it because "the main couple never DOES anything", then the current arc is DEFINITELY worth checking out. I've been reading since the beginning and I still love it. I think the story about the two college professors is SO CUTE.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

oh man, I fell SO behind on Oh My Goddess in the last like....8 years. :oops: I really do need to pick it up again, I love that series so much.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

I used to read borrowed copies of Oh My Goddess all the time during high school, but I don't really remember too much about the early volumes. The OVA I adored. I read a few random volumes recently I got from a thrift shop, cute stuff.
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

Heero wrote:re: Oh My Goddess
If you're one of those people that got annoyed with it because "the main couple never DOES anything", then the current arc is DEFINITELY worth checking out. I've been reading since the beginning and I still love it. I think the story about the two college professors is SO CUTE.
Nah that never bothered me. I just kinda fell out of it. But after reading some of the later chapters, it's certainly got me interested to get back into it. I like that the main character, Keiichi, isn't totally useless too, haha. I love his enthusiasm for machinery and motorcycles, that's something I know nothing about so it's fun to learn about it through the manga.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

Finished reading "Rurouni Kenshi - Restoration-" and "07-Ghost" vol. 1.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Yesterday I was surprised to discover that I got a copy of DMP's "Atomcat". I know the Unico Kickstarter had tiers for Atomcat after reaching one of their goals, but I never paid into any of them...so I definitely wasn't expecting a copy. (Unless everyone who got a physical copy of Unico also got Atomcat?) The only other thing I could think of was maybe they sent me one as a partial "sorry" for that misprinted Unico I got at first, but it seems like almost everyone I've talked to who also got a physical copy of Unico also magically got a copy of Atomcat...

Regardless of that, it's a super cute book. I don't think I'd heard of Atomcat until this Kickstar, actually.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
kndy

Post by kndy »

Read "07-Ghost" vol. 2-3, "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's" Vol. 1-4, "Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal" Vol. 1-3" and "Kingyo Books" Vol. 4
kndy

Post by kndy »

Finished reading "07-Ghost" Vol. 4 & 5 and "I'll Give It My All...Tomorrow" vol. 5. Surprised to find out that "I'll Give It My All...Tomorrow" is coming out in theaters next week in Japan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... -aXFOiR6g8