Some new finds/need help identifying a title

Discuss manga, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles, and related sub-topics
Andrue
Anime Fan Since: 1995

Some new finds/need help identifying a title

Post by Andrue »

So I went to Baltimore to visit a friend this weekend, and on the way I ran into two different japanese shops. The first one was Mitsuwa in Edgewater, NJ, which had a very large selection of japanese manga, mostly new stuff (almost dropped $100 for the first 10 urusei yatsura graphic novels that were from the first printing). I also went to Maido in Narberth, PA right outside of Philadelphia. It had a large selection of used books, and used Manga. I found some interesting titles. The first one is Doberman Deka, the Ranma 1/2, the third one I need help identifying, but the hiragana says it's called "Ghost Detectives", and the last is the second volume of the first run of Kotaro Makaritoru.
Does anyone know anything more about the Ghost Detectives manga? I have been looking for that imprint "Horror Comics" and the authors name is Y. Futaba (listed as Hutaba in the back page) It was printed in 1989 if that helps. Thanks!

usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: Some new finds/need help identifying a title

Post by usamimi »

I've never heard of Ghost Detectives, but it looks interesting! I wish it wasn't so hard to look up older/obscure stuff without typing out the kanji and everything (I suck at that sort of thing)...maybe one of our members in Japan can look it them?
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Re: Some new finds/need help identifying a title

Post by Drew_Sutton »

I searched around using the JP title, Yuureitanteidan, and found this Baka Updates Manga DB entry, which shows it was published by Akita Shoten. The author's linked page, Futaba Yuu, is equally sparse.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=97275

When I searched Google and Wikipedia, I didn't find anything more than some dead e-commerce listings and a false positive for the author being a pseudonym. I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with Akita Shoten's various publications but their JP and EN language Wiki's don't list the title. I'm guessing it was something that ended up not selling well. Though, there's still plenty of other people on this board that probably have a lot more resources at their hands than I do.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.