What are you Playing?

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
jdoll
Anime Fan Since: 1999

Re: What are you Playing?

Postby jdoll » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:28 pm

currently suffering carpal tunnel from overwork and gaming when not working so wish me luck in returning to my hobby!

Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Postby Char Aznable » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:17 pm

There aren't many games coming out this year that I'm interested in, which is great for the gaming backlog. I can finally play some titles I picked up on black friday. :D

A ton of friends are big on the Persona 5 train now, but I have a feverish dislike for most RPGs. So, instead, I'm currently working my way through Mad Max. Really fun game, especially if you're a fan of the original films, particularly the first three (which are the only Mad Max movies I need). There's some great callbacks to those movies and it's easy to tell that the developers were fans of the franchise. At times, there's a bit of annoying "busywork" in the game...fetch this, do that...but it doesn't annoy me nearly as much as it did in Shadow of Mordor.

I'm also playing a bit of Rainbow Six Siege. Not a bad game once you get the hang of it, I enjoy the tactical sense of teamwork that it requires.

DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Postby DKop » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:23 am

I beat Mad Max last year, and when I say beat, it was just the main story line.

I was pretty satisfied with the game overall, and it just felt really good riding around in the wasteland ramming into convoys and just exploring places. I know the game scored decent on review sites, but I wished it ranked higher tbh.

llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Postby llj » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:59 am

Char Aznable wrote:
A ton of friends are big on the Persona 5 train now, but I have a feverish dislike for most RPGs.

I've played SO MANY RPGs. So many. So many quests, so many final bosses. I don't even know if I play them now because I like them or more because I know the genre like the back of my hand. JRPGs, WRPGs, I've played tons of them in my lifetime.

Return to “Video & Computer Games”