What are you Playing?

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Re: What are you Playing?

Post by Char Aznable »

This weekend I'll be playing the Gundam Versus open beta on the PS4 (hopefully it'll finish downloading today)!
runesaint
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by runesaint »

Japanese related : Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Final Fantasy Brave Exvius on android..
Non-Japanese related : No Man Sky on PS4.

I am thinking that as an adult I no longer have the time to invest in more than one game at a time ^_^;;
Ah well
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Post by Char Aznable »

Last week I started Resident Evil 7 on the PS4. It's pretty good so far, and extremely atmospheric. I didn't care much for the demo, but the game was cheap so I figured I'd give it a go, and I'm glad I did. It's clear that the RE7 developers were heavily influenced by Konami's infamous Silent Hill demo.

Speaking of Konami, I also picked up a used copy of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for the PS3. I wasn't into the first level but, after that, the game becomes much more enjoyable once you acquire some of the better power-ups, "relics", and combos. I heard mixed things about the sequel, so I'm not sure if I'll attempt that one...
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Last week I finally finished Yakuza 0! It's super good, I'm looking forward to playing more upcoming games in the series.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

Jurassic World Evolution is killing my time till the Yakuza Fist of the North Star and Shenmue HD games come out in the next couple of months. JWE is just a business management game on how to run a park full of genetic dinos and them running amok. They like to break out of cages, especially those damn Rapters. I get suckered into playing management games all the time off Steam sales, and then kinda give up when I farm whatever I can from them. And yet, THEY STILL CALL TO ME!!! :o
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Still playing Destiny 2 and considering (against my better judgement) getting the Forsaken DLC in September, expensive as it is. D2 is not as good a game as D1 but it can be good to while away a few hours.

Bought Overwatch for both my PS4 Pro and my Xbox One X as they were on sale for $20CAD this past Friday. That's the GOTY edition. Nice markdown from the $80CAD it was going for. I might even get around to playing it.

Sea of Thieves took a 13 GB update a week or so ago but I have yet to play it. My Gamepass on the Xbox is good for another year so it can keep.

More stuff coming out in September. Now that I'm back working again, I have enough extra in a month to afford some little luxuries...
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

I've been REALLY enjoying Tetris Effect! I was hooked once I played the weekend-only demo they had a while back, and I breezed through journey mode the first week it was out. The final stage took a bit to beat though--the speed changes several times throughout it at key moments of course. I had to drop to "beginner" level to beat it the first time (and even then, it still took a few tries), but I finally did beat it on normal mode the other day. I'm gonna have to practice more before I beat it on "expert" though! :lol:

Anyway, I love that it also has a "relax" mode, where you can basically just zone out and play as long as you want without worrying about game overs. It's really nice for people like me who use puzzle games to clear my head sometimes.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
PinkAppleJam
Anime Fan Since: 1992

Post by PinkAppleJam »

I got the SNES Mini to match the NES Mini, and pre-ordered the Playstation Classic :) Too excited!
NorthernKaleCity
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by NorthernKaleCity »

The NES emulator on my laptop. With the Game Genie activated. :lol:
Onei-03
Anime Fan Since: 2008

Post by Onei-03 »

Most recently, I've been playing GTAV and Travis Strikes Back. I've been playing the latter since last Thursday though. I've been liking it a lot so far. My favorite aspect is the old-school visual novel aspect where it looks like it's on an old green monochrome computer.