The show off your video games stuff thread

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

The show off your video games stuff thread

Post by greg »

I just got these two posters in the mail. Langrisser I&II (Love that Masaya logo in the bottom corner!), and a Lodoss game I've never played, but I don't care because Lodoss is AWESOME. Click the image for a larger view.

My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Re: The show off your video games stuff thread

Post by danth »

greg wrote:I just got these two posters in the mail. Langrisser I&II (Love that Masaya logo in the bottom corner!), and a Lodoss game I've never played, but I don't care because Lodoss is AWESOME. Click the image for a larger view.

That artwork is gorgeous! Gotta love Satoshi Urushihara.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

oh wow, those posters are awesome! I've never played the Lodoss game, either, but I love the anime.

I took a few pics of some of my favorite game stuff:

My Super Famicom carts! It's not much, but I love each of these games. I got most of these when I was in high school. The Sailor Moon one was the only one I got that still had it's box and stuff, though. The copy of Chrono Trigger I found at a PAWN SHOP! The guy gave it to me free with a purchase because he had no idea what it was and he said "It's Chinese or something so no one wants it." :mrgreen: How lucky was that?!

The Escaflowne PSX game!

It comes with an "art mook", the game, and a set of tarot cards that looks like Hitomi's:
(which was one of the main reasons I wanted to get this set in the first place.)

I remember seeing this in '98 after the series came out and REALLY wanting it, but people were selling it for upwards of $200. Then in 2006, I found someone selling it at Sakura-con. I managed to haggle with the guy on Sunday (since it was just a few hours before the dealer's room was closing) and got it for $15. :D I was so psyched! The game is still wrapped in plastic, and I'll probably never open it (I've seen play-through vids online, though, it's a neat little game), but it's still one of my favorite video game acquisitions.

I have more stuff, but I'll save it for later. ;)
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

Wow that Escaflowne game looks awesome!

I'll have to take photos of what I have, though there's a lot. I sadly don't have many imports, but I do have some key PS1 RPGs and some other neat things.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

ryoran wrote:Wow that Escaflowne game looks awesome!

I'll have to take photos of what I have, though there's a lot. I sadly don't have many imports, but I do have some key PS1 RPGs and some other neat things.
I'm purposely waiting to take pics of more of my stuff so I'll have more to post later. I don't have a ton of imports, myself...those are most of them there, heh. I do have some Sakura Wars stuff I'll prolly post eventually, though. <3
greg

Post by greg »

I have a pink, limited edition Sakura Wars Dreamcast console. Unfortunately, while in warehouses and on a boat for 2 months during the time I shipped my belongings to Japan, the pink plastic of the console yellowed. :( There's a method of using Oxiclean on plastic to return yellowed plastic to a brand new condition again. I need to figure that out.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:I have a pink, limited edition Sakura Wars Dreamcast console. Unfortunately, while in warehouses and on a boat for 2 months during the time I shipped my belongings to Japan, the pink plastic of the console yellowed. :( There's a method of using Oxiclean on plastic to return yellowed plastic to a brand new condition again. I need to figure that out.
oh, man, I always wanted to get one of those...but every time I found one they were SUPER pricy. (Pink console!! ;3; Plus I honestly do like Sakura Wars, it was a cute series!) That sucks the plastic yellowed! If you do attempt to fix it, you'll have to let us know how it goes!

I always wanted one of those special edition Card Captor Sakura gameboys, too...pink pink pink! :lol: <3
greg

Post by greg »

There's some special formula that uses hydrogen peroxide and Oxiclean. You soak the plastic in it overnight and it should restore it to brand new condition. I just hope that the pictures of the anime characters won't be affected adversely in the process. The problem I have is opening up the console and taking off the plastic shell, then putting it back together again. I'll have to get it out and look at the screws, because often game consoles use rather bizarre screws that require special screwdriver heads to open them. (Triangle-shaped, star-shaped, hexagonal shaped, etc.)

I preordered that console in December of 2000. Then after I got it, Sega announced that they would be abandoning the console. I was very sad. Then all of the sudden, Dreamcasts were scarce because everyone was buying them up for some reason. However, games were still being made, and Sakura Taisen 3 came out that March or April. I attended the Tokyo Game Show in 2001, and Chisa Yokoyama and several of the other voice actors were there to promote Sakura Taisen 4.

That was the only time I ever encountered any Japanese seiyuu. At the Summer Wonderfest, there was some seiyuu/idol from some anime giving a concert, and all of the otaku had their dumb glow sticks and were waving them in unison. I didn't know who she was, nor did I care.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Oh wow, really?! :D I love Chisa Yokoyama, that must've been pretty cool!
greg

Post by greg »

Oh yes. I'd say she is my favorite voice actress, along with Michie Tomizawa (Sumire from Sakura Taisen, Linna from BGC, Rei from Sailor Moon, Minami in KOR, etc). Yokoyama has certainly done a lot of video game voice acting, from Sakura to Galaxy Fraulein Yuna. She was in the PC Engine Castlevania Rondo of Blood, too. Tomizawa was not at the event, because I believe she had retired by then. She had married the pastor of a large church in the Tokyo area and IIRC, she retired from voice acting to become a mom.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page