Xenoblade Chronicles...

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Xenoblade Chronicles...

Post by kndy »

Apparently this game is so rare that people are selling it for over $100...WTF? And it's a Nintendo released game for the Wii ala Gamestop Exclusive.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: Xenoblade Chronicles...

Post by usamimi »

Yeah, apparently they only made limited numbers of it because there weren't many pre-orders or something? Now it's extremely hard to find.

Nitro (my bf) was lucky to snag one off Amazon when he still could...it amazes me how quickly it sold out, and how much people are willing to pay for it. It's a shame they don't make more copies, it got fantastic ratings by nearly everyone.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
nitro
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by nitro »

The one (and ONLY) time I caved in to Gamestop saying I should pre-order the game. I told them I intended to buy it and they were like "PRE-ORDER! :D!" I figured "Why not? I was gonna get the game anyway."

Apparently so many people pre-ordered the game, they didn't have enough copies for everyone, and they didn't have any copies they could sell to everyone else. I managed to pick up the third to last copy they had.

It's such an awesome game. It also sucks that people are charging a ridiculous amount for it nowadays :/
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

nitro wrote:The one (and ONLY) time I caved in to Gamestop saying I should pre-order the game. I told them I intended to buy it and they were like "PRE-ORDER! :D!" I figured "Why not? I was gonna get the game anyway."

Apparently so many people pre-ordered the game, they didn't have enough copies for everyone, and they didn't have any copies they could sell to everyone else. I managed to pick up the third to last copy they had.

It's such an awesome game. It also sucks that people are charging a ridiculous amount for it nowadays :/
I wish I got it but in the past few years I have become a cheapassgamer (even started the Japanese video games section on the CAG website). I figure I'm backlogged with games, I can wait for it to go down. But lately, certain Japanese games released in the US are not going down in price.
nitro

Post by nitro »

I'm a cheapassgamer as well. I actually got the game for $30 cause I had traded in $20 worth of games I didn't want anymore. I can't even remember what I traded in to help me get the game.
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

I preordered mine so I could get the "artbook". Artbook turned out to be pretty crappy, but I hear the game is great. My boyfriend played and enjoyed it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Its sad that the game isn't even that old yet and its already so expensive.
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

I used to work in a game store, and for ANY RPG, I always told people to preorder it, not because I had to, but because it really helped people out. I hated having to do the "I told you..." months later.

I hope this makes Nintendo realize that RPGs like Xenoblade are worth putting out more copies. It was still a win we got it anyways, but I never picked it up. My brother, who's a huge RPG fan, and an older fan, finished it recently and said it made his top 5 RPGs of all time alongside Chrono Trigger, which is pretty big considering I trust his judgement on RPGs. He's played them all.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
nitro

Post by nitro »

Path wrote:I preordered mine so I could get the "artbook". Artbook turned out to be pretty crappy, but I hear the game is great. My boyfriend played and enjoyed it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Its sad that the game isn't even that old yet and its already so expensive.
The Gamestop where I got my copy actually ran out of the artbooks XD But no big loss. Getting the game at the discount I got it for is good enough as it is.

Whenever you get around to it, be prepared to invest A LOT of time into it ^^ Just saying.
ryoran wrote:My brother, who's a huge RPG fan, and an older fan, finished it recently and said it made his top 5 RPGs of all time alongside Chrono Trigger, which is pretty big considering I trust his judgement on RPGs. He's played them all.
It's definitely become one of my favorite RPGs too, and that's also coming from a guy who got into Chrono Trigger back in '95 :D