Project X Zone

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Project X Zone

Post by kndy »

Well at least we are getting this in the US...

Amazon is getting it as well...
Last edited by kndy on Wed May 01, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Re: Project X Zone

Post by Path »

Looking very much forward to this. Sakura in the game probably would have been enough for me, but the soundtrack seals the deal.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

kndy wrote:Will at least we are getting this in the US...

Amazon is getting it as well...
For what systems? I don't know anyone or their kids that still play handheld game systems anymore. Even the 10 year olds have 360s and PS3s. They also seem to have a lot of tablets and phones with a lot of games on them.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

_D_ wrote:I don't know anyone or their kids that still play handheld game systems anymore. Even the 10 year olds have 360s and PS3s. They also seem to have a lot of tablets and phones with a lot of games on them.
:shock:
Handheld game systems seem to be the one console that seems widespread anymore, and perhaps the only ones that are profitable to manufacture. I only play handhelds anymore these days, since my wife has become so bossy about the TV. (My wife hates video games. She has never enjoyed playing video games. I suspect she may be demon possessed. I tried loading a squirt gun with holy water, but she remains elusive.)

Project X Zone is for the 3DS, and so far it is the one game that has made me consider buying a 3DS (also the new Fire Emblem game, which seems to have been released in English, too). My quandry is that since the 3DS is region-locked (Nintendo execs also seem to be demon possessed... more on that later), should I get a US 3DS to play games in English? But since I live in Japan and Japanese games are far easier to come by here, maybe I should just forget about a US 3DS and just get a JP one?

Project X Zone is a continuation of Namco X Capcom (the X is pronounced "cross" and not "X"), which was released for the PS2 in Japan. Project X Zone features games from Namco, Capcom, Sega, and even Banpresto (I think Sanger Zonvolt and some other characters from Super Robot Taisen games are in the game). I've only played Namco X Capcom a bit (somebody made a fan-translated version, and my friend hooked me up with the game and a special hacked PS2 memory card that enables me to play burns). Whereas Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Engless Frontier for the DS was an RPG and had the basic gameplay of hit combos by simply pressing the attack button at the right timing, Namco X Capcom was a strategy game that requires you to use the directional arrows and such to input actions. To me, this seemed more interesting than SRTOG's simplistic gameplay (you end up just staring at the bouncing boobs).

I was very excited to see Sakura and Oogami from Sakura Taisen in this game! I picked up an issue of Famitsu magazine that had a big article on this game and it showed various characters in it. There's even Ulala from Space Channel 5!
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
nitro
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by nitro »

Yeah I still play portable systems too.

This year is a REALLY good year for 3DS owners >)
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

nitro wrote:Yeah I still play portable systems too.

Agreed! I love playing stuff on the 3DS, and the fact that you can also watch Netflix on it is pretty cool, too.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
greg

Post by greg »

usamimi wrote:Agreed! I love playing stuff on the 3DS, and the fact that you can also watch Netflix on it is pretty cool, too.
No way, really? I had no idea!
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

usamimi wrote:
nitro wrote:Yeah I still play portable systems too.

Agreed! I love playing stuff on the 3DS, and the fact that you can also watch Netflix on it is pretty cool, too.
This would only be good if you can use Unblockus and watch the Netflix offerings from other countries as well. Not that I personally need Netflix but other of my friends like the service...
greg

Post by greg »

Here is the game in action with Sakura Taisen characters. In this video, I can see how the 3D would not be annoying to look at and might be pretty cool. This game looks so freaking cool, and the combo attacks look far more insane than even Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier. WOW!
:o :shock: :D
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

This and Animal Crossing: New Leaf (and a slew of others, but mostly these two for now) are the reason I am getting a 3DS XL this year. I've been loving handhelds since the original Gameboy. I actually never upgraded since DS (phat) so I'm pretty excited to finally get a new handheld.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram