Video Game Deals!

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Re: Video Game Deals!

Post by _D_ »

Steam also has a lot of games cheap, usually on weekends. A couple weeks back the 4 licence version of Torchlight II was on sale for $20 or a single licence for $6.77. A very good dungeon crawl game that once registered online can be played in offline mode. Also nice on a LAN though of late I've been playing it online. Very fun...
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

kndy wrote:I get a little worried as I get older because my grandfather has Alzheimer's and even my mother-in-law. Interesting enough, my father-in-law who passed away enjoyed puzzle games, crossword puzzles and feeding his brain, even at his older age and he believed because he was so engaged with feeding his brain, it helped in the long run. Studies have shown that brain teasers/puzzle games help stimulate the brain and provides a great mental workout, so that is why I try to do it each day.
If you eat a lot of tofu and guzzle soymilk, stop. High soy intake is directly linked to Alzheimers. Even though Japanese scientists have researched this themselves and have found a strong correlation between elderly and soy, every single Japanese person I have discussed this with is still convinced of how healthy soy is.

My wonderful grandmother on my mom-in-law's side keeps her brain sharp playing Tetris. As much as my wife loathes video games (I suspect she could be a leprechaun), even she must realize the importance of this.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

greg wrote:
kndy wrote:I get a little worried as I get older because my grandfather has Alzheimer's and even my mother-in-law. Interesting enough, my father-in-law who passed away enjoyed puzzle games, crossword puzzles and feeding his brain, even at his older age and he believed because he was so engaged with feeding his brain, it helped in the long run. Studies have shown that brain teasers/puzzle games help stimulate the brain and provides a great mental workout, so that is why I try to do it each day.
If you eat a lot of tofu and guzzle soymilk, stop. High soy intake is directly linked to Alzheimers. Even though Japanese scientists have researched this themselves and have found a strong correlation between elderly and soy, every single Japanese person I have discussed this with is still convinced of how healthy soy is.

My wonderful grandmother on my mom-in-law's side keeps her brain sharp playing Tetris. As much as my wife loathes video games (I suspect she could be a leprechaun), even she must realize the importance of this.
That's cool that your grandmother plays "Tetris"!