Japanese Video Games - Past/Current/Upcoming releases

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Japanese Video Games - Past/Current/Upcoming releases

Post by kndy »

A thread for Japanese video game past, current and upcoming releases...
kndy

Re: Japanese Video Games - Past/Current/Upcoming releases

Post by kndy »

Anyone play the "Danball" games? Noticed there are two coming out within weeks from each other. Danball Senki Baku Boost (ダンボール戦機 爆ブースト) is available in Japan on May 30, 2013.
kndy

Post by kndy »

Two Japanese XBOX 360 games coming out? Granted, they are shooters...

DoDonPachi Saidaioujou (怒首領蜂最大往生) from Cave and Shooting Love. 10-Shuunen: XIIZeal & DeltaZeal (シューティングラブ。200X) from 5pb are coming out this week.

_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Over here, people are abuzz for what is going to be shown and discussed at E3, especially the new PS4 and XBone. It should prove to be rather interesting, especially for those with back libraries for the PS3 and 360 as they (apparently) won't run on the new systems. Also, how they are going to handle the rental and resale of games. They are very coy with their answers so far...
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

kndy wrote:Two Japanese XBOX 360 games coming out? Granted, they are shooters...
So you're into 2D shooters? Actually, GaijinPunch and I have known each other for about 13 years from another forum, the Shmups Forum. It's certainly not like it used to be, and has become overridden with too many sociopathic assholes the larger it has become.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
kndy

Post by kndy »

greg wrote:
kndy wrote:Two Japanese XBOX 360 games coming out? Granted, they are shooters...
So you're into 2D shooters? Actually, GaijinPunch and I have known each other for about 13 years from another forum, the Shmups Forum. It's certainly not like it used to be, and has become overridden with too many sociopathic assholes the larger it has become.
I am a big fan of Shmups...I actually own a lot! From my days of flipping Defender on the Atari 2600, to playing them in arcades or even being hooked on Gradius. I have purchased many shmups for the consoles and portable consoles since the Atari 2600 and Famicom/NES days.

But with that being said, unlike the hardcore players, I will not hesitate to use a game action replay or game shark if I'm stuck! Lol.. And I don't feel bad about it if I do have to.

But I'm disheartened of how expensive these games are or hard to find...for example, "Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi" for the DS is so damn expensive!

I wished the import PSP versions of "Parodius Portable", "Salamander" and "Twin Bee" were cheaper..
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Also going to be a pain if the PS4 is region locked. I keep hearing that but we'll find out in a couple weeks at E3 for sure...
kndy

Post by kndy »

“Shin Megami Tensei IV” from Atlus for the Nintendo 3DS takes #1, “Kamen Rider Battle Ride Wars” from Bandai Namco Games for the PS3 takes #2, “Biohazard Revolutions Unveiled Edition” from CAPCOM for the PS3 takes #3.

http://www.ailovejvg.com/2013/05/top-25 ... s-takes-1/
kndy

Post by kndy »

Gundam Breaker (ガンダムブレイカー) from Bandai for the Sony PlayStation 3 (Available in Japan on June 27th)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... aDHnv6FdA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... xs0iumUMbA
_D_

Post by _D_ »

Should be lots of interesting topics at E3 today. Have to check the live streams at 9 PM Eastern time as that's when Sony unleashes the PS4 for real...

Still lots of speculation about the DRM. Guess we'll find out soon...