Anime websites

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Anime websites

Post by greg »

Yup, it was enough to make me never want to order from them again. Amazon, Right Stuff, and other places will not charge you for sending stuff separately, even if you had elected to have everything shipped together. Their philosophy is like, "Hey, you know what, this one item is totally out of stock, but we can go ahead and send a part of your order in the meantime and not charge you more than what we already did." Not AN, apparently. It was something like $5 shipping or something ridiculous, too.

The Ask John blog was fairly informative, but pretty dumb sometimes. My favorite was this question from a weeaboo idiot asking if Japan is a perfect country.

Now that Drew is on this forum, I have no reason to go back there. Occasionally I'll check out the subforum for Japanese culture or maybe the Studio Ghibli one. I think the last time I was there was when I posted my impression of Omoide no Marnie when I saw it in the theater last summer. Nobody responded.

The main forum's most-viewed topic is "Who is the hottest anime character?" That should give you an idea of what the forum is like. It's not all bad and I enjoyed my time there, but I certainly did get tired of it.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page