A-kon 2015

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Re: A-kon 2015

Post by yusaku »

I find the focus on jpop and all these anime and manga quite attractive. I really do not get into American animation and comics like I do anime. It is the volume of work and the variety of topics that make anime so attractive. When I went to Comicon here in KC it was not near as fun as the anime nakacon I went to this year

'The fact that it is the third oldest convention in the nation is also very attractive. i want to meet some of the older fans like myself. A lot of the guys I knew back in 2000 at my old anime movie club were computer experts. i was the only chemist and the youngest at 27. I wish i kept in touch with the other guys. I thought we would have run across each other at the conventions. Yet, those guys were in their forties and fifties a decade and a half ago. I am not sure where I should even look for them. Any suggestions?

I going to plan on just staying for Saturday at the Anime Fest. i will use that extra hotel money to do some more shopping. It is enough time to hit the dealers room. I left Nakacon with only one item, a Maison Ikkoku art book, this year after sweeping through the dealers five times in a couple hours. I know what I am looking for when I see it. A long time festival like Anime Fest should have some choice items.
***^__^***
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

I had a lot of fun at A-kon this year. I did enjoy last year's con a bit more, but it was still a good time (and it's always great to see other members in person)! Unfortunately, I had to miss a few panels I was looking forward to, but there was still plenty of cool stuff to do.

I've never been to AnimeFest, but it looks interesting. If the timing works out, I'd be interested in checking it out.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Yeah, even though Helen McCarthy was at like 4 panels I still managed to see her ZERO TIMES, which made me sad....the timing of her panels was just all bad for me, and the one thing I went to that she WAS supposed to be at she couldn't make it. Go figure! :lol: Hopefully I'll get a chance to see her next time she comes around.

Apparently A-kon's going through some major restructuring after some of the major people involved left (or from what I heard....were "asked to leave"? I'm not 100% sure on that), so they're still working the kinks out, BUT on the plus side they finally got computers for the registration lines so that's a huge improvement, I think!

I took some pictures of what I got this year, and some pretty awesome cosplay...hopefully I can get those edited sometime soon. (I seem to say that every year and forget...I'm terrible. :oops: )
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Kame-Sen'nin

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

usamimi wrote:I took some pictures of what I got this year, and some pretty awesome cosplay...hopefully I can get those edited sometime soon. (I seem to say that every year and forget...I'm terrible. :oops: )
Not to add any pressure, but I'd love to see pics of all those Jojo's cosplayers! :)
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

oooh! I actually made collages of all the Jojo cosplayers I saw for my instagram so I can at least post those! (I added manga sound effects for the authentic Jojo's experience! :lol: )

The Old Man Joseph was awesome because he was an actual older guy!! He was super nice, too :D
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Kame-Sen'nin

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

Great pictures; thanks usamimi!