Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Basics of plastic modeling discussion

Post by Daniel »

Originally written by Drew_Sutton on 2015/10/18, 18:00:17 PDT :

Basics of plastic modeling discussion :

Haha, figured I was in the clear but thanks for the clarification, greg!

Yeah, it's a BanDai kit, I think they stared this line back in 2003 or '04 box size and complexity are similar to the Master Grade line. The non-Gundam mecha I remember from this run was Getter Robo and the Dunbine in addition to Mazinger but there are probably more. If you still have yours around, I'd love to see it.

I have a very basic airbrush kit and I would love to get into airbrushing models but I'm anxious about hosing up a really expensive kit when I do it. Any tips for a novice? Does anyone here apply top coat to their model kits when they finish them?

Originally written by greg on 2015/10/26, 03:29:51 PDT :

Re: Basics of plastic modeling discussion :

I'm unable to see the images that you've shared. What thinner do you have for the Model Master Acrylics? Testors makes a thinner for their acrylics, and Tamiya Acrylic Thinner works as well with that.

I do unboxing videos as well, but I label them as unboxing. Those are just videos to show off recent purchases and also to show what the parts look like.

About that Max Valk, what is the scale and the company that made it?

There's a modeling book about that looks interesting. I'm tempted to get that book sometime soon. I have a few Yamato modeling books that are interesting.

Originally written by Drew_Sutton on 2015/10/27, 19:01:02 PDT :

Re: Basics of plastic modeling discussion :

quote greg About that Max Valk, what is the scale and the company that made it? quote

1 100, made by BanDai. It's a fairly old kit from what I can tell, which is why it was 250 Yen. It'll be a great desk decoration in Gerwalk mode.