Hi everyone!

Tell the old school world who you are, and let us welcome you into the forum!
Revenge
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Hi everyone!

Post by Revenge »

Greetings from Portugal! I'm 23 years old and I'm a big fan of old school anime. My friends tell me that it's impossible a guy with 23 years watch and like so much old school anime because I grew up in the 90's with more mainstream anime like Dragon Ball, Kaiketsu Zorro, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon and Rurouni Kenshin... it's because I think the 80's were the golden era to create anime. Great part of the animes from the 80's I see, I like, even with the animation and producion of that time in mind.

Sometimes I watch anime from the 60's and 70's but I can't watch every ones I like because I don't know Japanese, and subs aren't very common for anime that old. My favorite animes are Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Dragon Ball, Monster, Devilman (manga), Ichi the Killer (manga), Homunculus (manga), Rurouni Kenshin, Saint Seiya, Hokuto no Ken...

I think I'm an open mind concerning anime or movies, because I watch everything, almost every genre (I'm not remembering a genre I don't like), but I prefer some types of comedy, specially from Rumiko Takahashi, horror, sci-fi, super-powers, psychological, martial arts...

Currently I'm watching Jojo, DB Super and Yamato Takeru. Yamato Takeru I'm watching on VHS :D It has a certain charm.

Lastly I hope you forgive me if I misspell some words, I'm not english native. Obviously I speak portuguese, and a bit of french.
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Daniel »

Welcome! Seems like we both like a lot of the same shows. Nice Sakigake Otokojuku avatar. Interesting to hear that you're watching on VHS still; as, yes, the good old days. Yes, seems like we'll get along just fine! Glad you joined! Welcome!!

Daniel
Revenge

Post by Revenge »

Thanks! Indeed, I like Sakigake Otokojuku very much, the characters and story, the fights, even the OST that was composed by Master Kikuichi.
NorthernKaleCity
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by NorthernKaleCity »

Welcome to the forums, Revenge. I'm new here too, it's nice to meet you too.
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

Welcome to the forum!
Revenge

Post by Revenge »

Thank you all!Nice to meet all you guys.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Welcome! I think your English is pretty good so no worries! Ah, are you watching the old Jojo OAV? That was a good one.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Revenge

Post by Revenge »

usamimi wrote:Welcome! I think your English is pretty good so no worries! Ah, are you watching the old Jojo OAV? That was a good one.
Thanks! No, I'm watching the TV anime, it's still airing. I don't know if you know the Jojo universe, but those OVAs covered the part 3, and the TV anime is covering from part 1 to 4, so it's even great, with little censorship and a great adaptation, made to make people remember of the early 90's shonen. It's one of the few anime that are made nowadays, still based on an 80's manga, that are worth seeing. I watched all of the OVAs many time ago, when almost no one knew Jojo, now that it has reached mainstream it lost some of it's charm :lol: I played the game on ps1 too, I liked it very much back in that time.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Oh cool! Yeah, I'm a fan of Jojo so I've been watching the TV series as well. It's so good! The old oav is fun, though. I have the first one on vhs!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

Welcome to the forum, Revenge! Nice to hear another person still enjoys watching anime on VHS! I still do from time to time myself. :lol:
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram