What are you Playing?

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Re: What are you Playing?

Post by Char Aznable »

Metal Gear Solid V has been occupying most of my gaming time. I think I'm halfway through the main campaign and have really been getting into the online multiplayer.

Also, I'm on a Gundam kick lately, so I've dusted off Battle Assault 2 from the PS1 era to replay. I'm having an urge to take out Gundam: Encounters in Space as well. Been awhile since I played that, and it's still one of the best mech games out there.
Revenge
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by Revenge »

I started to play Clash at Demonhead (Dengeki Big Bang!) in the NES emulator in the beginning of the week, but I can't get past one boss so I idk if I'll play much more :oops:

Out of the retro side, I'm playing PES 2016 (we're european champions hehe), DB Xenoverse, and trying to end Yakuza 4 once and for all. Every one of them on PS3. Casually, I play CS.GO, Dota 2, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Heartstone...
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

I'm a few hours away from beating Tales of Xillia 2. Played it back to back with Xillia 1, which I finished a few weeks after my June 3 post in here. Xillia 1 is actually not too bad, and very good if you are trying the series for the first time. While it won't "blow you away", it's very solid and accessible, non grindy, has an interesting skill learning system, with a fair difficulty curve compared to most Tales games. The cast is also one of the more non-annoying casts you'd find in a modern JRPG, which is a plus. :lol:

Xillia 2 on the other hand is really hardcore. VERY combat heavy and quite grindy and padded. The vast majority of the game is spent fighting battles, and you have no choice but to fight a lot because progressing in the game requires you to complete many set tasks, most of which require fighting lots and lots of monsters. There are zillions of skills and techniques and it's all dizzingly complex for the uninitiated to this franchise. Though the battle system isn't quite as adrenaline pumping as Tales of Graces f's, it's very very technical and definitely not for newbies, even though it's merely an enhancement of Xillia 1's (okay, a much more complex enhancement). Comparing Xillia 2 to Xillia 1 is like literally night and day.
Char Aznable

Post by Char Aznable »

I've been playing a bit of Steins;Gate. While I love the story, I usually play visual novels sporadically, so it may take me a long time to beat the game.

Black Rock Shooter is another game I just started. Had it on PSP for a year or two now, and never got around to trying it. But now that I have a PS TV, I've just been playing it on that. So far, much better than expected. It has a nice combination of action gameplay and RPG elements.

And lastly, I've finally started playing Resident Evil 6. I put that one off for a few years after how awful people claimed the game was. Yet, I'm finding it to be the best entry in the RE series. I like the over-the-top cinematic vibe the developers went with, and the four separate campaigns keep the game from getting stale. The online co-op is fun too.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Nitro finally convinced me to try the first Dragon Age game. Other than the dated looking graphics, I'm having fun with it so far!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Char Aznable

Post by Char Aznable »

I've been trying to stick mostly to horror games this month, in keeping with the Halloween spirit. Currently playing Resident Evil: Revelations 2 and just started Fatal Frame 2.

Fatal Frame is fun. The concept of exorcising ghosts with a camera is neat and the story is interesting enough. I wish a new FF game would come to the PlayStation. Unfortunately, the most recent one was a WiiU exclusive (and worst, digital only).

RE: Revelations 2 isn't bad. It would be more fun with online co-op, like RE5 or RE6, but it was worth the $8 I paid for it.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Well, thanks to great Black Friday deals, Nitro & I finally got a PS4. I got a copy of J - Stars at Target for $8 (such a deal!!) AND a copy of Overwatch. I tried some last night & it's pretty fun so far!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Akage

Post by Akage »

When not playing with my Snorlax called Snorlaxative on Pokémon GO, I've been playing the newest 3DS version, Pokémon Sun. I know some people rave about this game, but compared to X and Y, I just can't get in to it. I hate that you can't get even half of the million or so Pokémon that exist now without importing from earlier games or the Pokémon Bank, both of which are not functional at this time. What's really the point of a QR scanner feature if I can't catch the Pokémon whose codes I scan? I don't like the customization feature this time. There's really no redhead option, and the clothing selection, when compared to X, is lame. I feel like most of the creative energy in this game was put into new versions of old Pokémon, rather than creating new creatures to love. Where is my Steel or Flying Eeevolution?!

I also thought the storyline was really weak compared to X & Y, especially when it came to the villain. Black/White is still my favorite Pokémon game. N was such a hottie :lol:
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

My fiancee ranted to me how she thinks the game has too much story and dialogue in it to keep her interest, because she would rather hunt pokemon than read walls of text, and shes an avid book reader non the less. She couldn't get into either, which has prompted me on holding off on getting it.
runesaint

Post by runesaint »

I have many games that I haven't played; my daughter makes me play Minecraft with her some hours every week, and my wife makes me play No Man's Sky with her a few hours a day.

My games are always delayed because I need to do the laundry, or the dishes, or clean the bathrooms or the .. etc.

Anyway ^_^;