What are you Playing?

Especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
jdoll
Anime Fan Since: 1999

Re: What are you Playing?

Post by jdoll »

currently suffering carpal tunnel from overwork and gaming when not working so wish me luck in returning to my hobby!
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Post by Char Aznable »

There aren't many games coming out this year that I'm interested in, which is great for the gaming backlog. I can finally play some titles I picked up on black friday. :D

A ton of friends are big on the Persona 5 train now, but I have a feverish dislike for most RPGs. So, instead, I'm currently working my way through Mad Max. Really fun game, especially if you're a fan of the original films, particularly the first three (which are the only Mad Max movies I need). There's some great callbacks to those movies and it's easy to tell that the developers were fans of the franchise. At times, there's a bit of annoying "busywork" in the game...fetch this, do that...but it doesn't annoy me nearly as much as it did in Shadow of Mordor.

I'm also playing a bit of Rainbow Six Siege. Not a bad game once you get the hang of it, I enjoy the tactical sense of teamwork that it requires.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

I beat Mad Max last year, and when I say beat, it was just the main story line.

I was pretty satisfied with the game overall, and it just felt really good riding around in the wasteland ramming into convoys and just exploring places. I know the game scored decent on review sites, but I wished it ranked higher tbh.
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

Char Aznable wrote:
A ton of friends are big on the Persona 5 train now, but I have a feverish dislike for most RPGs.
I've played SO MANY RPGs. So many. So many quests, so many final bosses. I don't even know if I play them now because I like them or more because I know the genre like the back of my hand. JRPGs, WRPGs, I've played tons of them in my lifetime.
Char Aznable

Post by Char Aznable »

I've been playing Resident Evil 5 on the PS4. Never picked up the game when it first came out, so I'm finally giving it a try now. So far, I'm liking it, especially with online co-op. I did enjoy RE6 a bit more, but it's still extremely fun.

I also just received my copy of Injustice 2. I usually hold off on buying games right when they come out, but there's not a ton of games I'm excited for this year and Injustice 2 has been on the top of my list for months. I've only played a few hours, but wow--I'm not disappointed.
DKop wrote:I beat Mad Max last year, and when I say beat, it was just the main story line.
Same here, I finished the main story. I tried a few of the side missions and, while some were fun, after beating the main narrative there wasn't much reason to do them. But I absolutely loved the game, I never expected the the controls to be so tight and refined--especially after reading a review that complained about the driving gameplay. I thought everything was solid. It's a shame that Mad Max was released the same day as Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, I'm sure it hurt sales to some degree. Out of the two, I found Mad Max to be the far superior game.
DKop

Post by DKop »

Char Aznable wrote:
Same here, I finished the main story. I tried a few of the side missions and, while some were fun, after beating the main narrative there wasn't much reason to do them. But I absolutely loved the game, I never expected the the controls to be so tight and refined--especially after reading a review that complained about the driving gameplay. I thought everything was solid. It's a shame that Mad Max was released the same day as Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, I'm sure it hurt sales to some degree. Out of the two, I found Mad Max to be the far superior game.
I felt like I got a more complete store and perspective of characters in Mad Max than I did with MGS 5. I beat max in 26 hours and MGS took me over 100. Max felt much more satisfying to me than mgs. I still enjoyed mgs5 but it didn't hold me in to being engaging than max was. Yea I went with mgs5 over max on the release date, I didn't regret the decision but I was happier with max.
Char Aznable

Post by Char Aznable »

I've been getting back into playing Steins;Gate. I tried it a few months ago but lost interest (I was in the middle of a few other games at the time). I started up again last weekend and now I'm seriously 100% hooked. I loved the anime, and the game is equally outstanding. I'm not too big a fan of visual novels, but this one's an exception. Once I finish the game, I'm sure I'll want to play the sequel, Steins;Gate 0.

I've also been playing that new Friday the 13th video game that just came out. Aside from some major tech issues (iffy matchmaking, and game hosts often rage quitting--which results in lost XP), the game is an absolute blast for fans of the movie franchise.
DKop

Post by DKop »

(cue up "We Fly High": https://youtu.be/dFnuwj1kS_k?t=22)

I'm playin my PeeEssQuatrizzle I got last week, yea dig.

In the spirit of Chad Warden love for Sony, I did get a PS4, and a handful of games from my friend at Limited Run Games when I crashed at his office over Animazement. Currently im playing that Gundam Battle Operation NEXT game, but I don't think I have killed a single person, maybe ill get better dunno. Been playing No Man Sky, which to me is just Minecraft but with space elements, and ill try out Deus Ex Mankind Divided later tonight.

I want to make a Chad Warden style video to honor his memory and to spoof it so bad, because I love this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM
Char Aznable

Post by Char Aznable »

Last weekend I started Titanfall 2. I never played the first one, but Titanfall 2 is outstanding. The main campaign is fun and the online multiplayer has been a blast. I'm a sucker for mech games, and I feel Titanfall 2 easily sits in the top 5 of that genre. Usually, I'm not that great at playing first-person shooting games online, with the exception of Killzone 3, but the controls are so fluid and fast-paced here, that I'm surprisingly doing pretty well in multiplayer matches.
PinkAppleJam
Anime Fan Since: 1992

Post by PinkAppleJam »

Typing of the Dead: Overkill was a steal on Steam! :mrgreen: