Omega Zone 23 Pitch Document

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
zimmerit
Anime Fan Since: 1995

Omega Zone 23 Pitch Document

Post by zimmerit »

I kind of fell off from updating the forum when I published something new on Zimmerit.moe, but I figured this would be worth sharing! I recently won a copy of the original pitch document for a never-produced TV show called Omega Zone 23. If that sounds a little familiar, it's because over a couple of years and some revisions it was originally released as the OVA Megazone 23. I wrote a bit about the history of the project on Zimmerit, but I also had the actual document translated into English so you can read the entire thing yourself.

You can check it out here: http://bit.ly/megazone23
Sean // zimmerit.moe
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: Omega Zone 23 Pitch Document

Post by DKop »

Is there no other document out there that talks about Omega Zone? The only time ive heard it mentioned was the Ishiguro interview from AWO years ago, but it was really brief in discussing it. I just know the name was changed to Mega because the Omega watch company filed some cease and desist against them because they didn't want their name on a cartoon or something along those lines.
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

Cool find and great write up as always, Sean! Love all of the work you're doing over there. As much as I love Megazone 23, I had completely forgotten about the pitch as "Omega Zone". Looks like that even though the title changed, most of the plot points remained the same.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
zimmerit
Anime Fan Since: 1995

Post by zimmerit »

DKop wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:10 pm Is there no other document out there that talks about Omega Zone?
The two big sources I know are the ARTMIC Design Works book and B-Club's Megazone 23 special.
Sean // zimmerit.moe
labsenpai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by labsenpai »

Another informative gem on ARTMIC titles! I appreciate the downloadable files for Omega City and Gall Force. Maybe if Sonoda takes audience questions at ACEN next year I can ask him about star front.