Evangelion coming to Netflix! Spring 2019!

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Evangelion coming to Netflix! Spring 2019!

Post by llj »

:lol:

Now you will make me think they are making a new dub because they think "people back in the 90s talked funny" and a new dub with MORE MODERN "lingo" will be used. 8-)
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

Just make it an all urban cast where they call Shinji "Bitch ass Shinji-Kun." Shinji can be voiced by either Soulja Boy, YNW Melly or Tyga, they both sound like they cry when they rap, so it would be fitting.
DKop

Post by DKop »

It's the only way we can reach today's youth if we re-image Shinji a little...
Attachments
tumblr_myxtreCJZ21s7m1zqo1_500.jpg
tumblr_myxtreCJZ21s7m1zqo1_500.jpg (48.64 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
Akage
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by Akage »

This would be the first dub I'd look forward to viewing in a while, but only if they get Cardi B to dub one of the female characters. She'd make for a fun Asuka.
DKop

Post by DKop »

Akage wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:27 pm This would be the first dub I'd look forward to viewing in a while, but only if they get Cardi B to dub one of the female characters. She'd make for a fun Asuka.
Who would you pick for Misato and Ritsuko? Mine would be Regina King and Beyonce. Shinji mom might be Mariah Carey.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

DKop wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:18 pm I wonder how this is going to affect the release of 4.0 in the states. If Funi is still going to handle the Rebuild movies, then its in their best interest to keep the original staff. If not, it's kinda weird to get a new cast for a film series in the last film released. But we won't cross that bridge for another 6-10 years from now seeing from when the films will be released in Japan to when it finally comes out in the states.
I doubt it'll effect Funi's 4.0 release much. Nexflix uses a different studio for dubbing, and Funi kinda made it a point to try and keep the actors from the old ADV release. Unless Studio Khara mandates a change for some reason, I'm assuming they'll try to keep the same cast for continuity's sake.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
DKop

Post by DKop »

usamimi wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:28 pm

I doubt it'll effect Funi's 4.0 release much. Nexflix uses a different studio for dubbing, and Funi kinda made it a point to try and keep the actors from the old ADV release. Unless Studio Khara mandates a change for some reason, I'm assuming they'll try to keep the same cast for continuity's sake.
I'm hoping they keep a good relationship with Khara for the original VA's to keep their roles, but it's too far to tell from right now.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Realistically the danger of them swapping VAs for whoever Netflix chose is probably pretty low. Netflix records out of LA with Bang-Zoom almost exclusively, Funi records out of Texas at their home base (except for Dragon Ball stuff, which is recorded at Sean Schemmel's studio not too far away, iirc). It'd cost a ton for all the LA actors to fly to Texas. But since 4.0 isn't even out in Japan, I wouldn't worry too much just yet :lol:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*