AnimeCon 1991 Video

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

AnimeCon 1991 Video

Post by kndy »

thebaron
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: AnimeCon 1991 Video

Post by thebaron »

I wish I could remember the person who gave me boxes of VHS tapes (Nuclear navy person who got stuck in Idaho Falls with me in 1992) and this gem was in one of the boxes he gave me.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Yes, I have some video from that convention too. Made on my old 8mm videocamera before my truck was broken into in San Francisco a few years later and was stolen, along with that year's convention footage. But I have earlier tapes with things like a Dr. Who convention in Duluth Minnesolta with Elizabeth Sladen as a guest speaker that I transferred but never showed, as well as footage from the World Science Fiction convention in 1987 as well, as footage of Reed Waller and Kate Worley at a Winnipeg convention some years before Kate died. Those tapes are still intact and the videos that got capped are still here...just unreleased. Lots more...
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

kndy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 pm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDO6scjrYR8
Ah...this made me go back and check some video I shot from that convention of women creators who were voicing their opinion of the then comics industry. It's all very interesting. I must edit the footage and post it somewhere...

The rest of the footage on that tape was of the Keycon masquerade from 1991 which I had attended earlier in the year as well as my trip (by truck) driving down to the convention in California. I had forgotten most of this stuff...
UniQueLyEviL
Anime Fan Since: Sci Fi Saturday Morning Anime

Post by UniQueLyEviL »

I would love to see this!
_D_ wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:38 am
kndy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 pm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDO6scjrYR8
Ah...this made me go back and check some video I shot from that convention of women creators who were voicing their opinion of the then comics industry. It's all very interesting. I must edit the footage and post it somewhere...

The rest of the footage on that tape was of the Keycon masquerade from 1991 which I had attended earlier in the year as well as my trip (by truck) driving down to the convention in California. I had forgotten most of this stuff...