The Anime Nostalgia Podcast & Blog

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: The Anime Nostalgia Podcast & Blog

Post by usamimi »

New episode went up last week, in case anyone missed it! http://animenostalgia.blogspot.com/2021 ... lupin.html
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*

Fireminer
Anime Fan Since: 2012

Post by Fireminer »

Say usamimi, I've just finished Socerer Hunters on Retro Crush, and then I found out that it came from a light novel. There was quite a good number of fantasy light novel in the 19990s, wasn't it? Socerer Hunters, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, Slayers, Record of Lodoss War, etc. And with the Slayers novels are now being localized, would you maybe think about making an episode on 1990s light novels? I wonder how fans back in the days get their information/spoiler from these novels as they were published in Japan?

And while we are in that topic, what about an episode about the 1990s isekai boom, with shows like Fushigi Yûgi and The Twelve Kingdoms. It would be fun to see you contrasting these shows with the modern isekai crop.

usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Fireminer wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:17 am
Say usamimi, I've just finished Socerer Hunters on Retro Crush, and then I found out that it came from a light novel. There was quite a good number of fantasy light novel in the 19990s, wasn't it? Socerer Hunters, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, Slayers, Record of Lodoss War, etc. And with the Slayers novels are now being localized, would you maybe think about making an episode on 1990s light novels? I wonder how fans back in the days get their information/spoiler from these novels as they were published in Japan?

And while we are in that topic, what about an episode about the 1990s isekai boom, with shows like Fushigi Yûgi and The Twelve Kingdoms. It would be fun to see you contrasting these shows with the modern isekai crop.
Ah, that's not a bad idea! I might keep that in mind, if I have the time to do more research on some of that.

usamimi

Post by usamimi »

New short ReView ep is up! I rewatch Prefectural Earth Defense Force! http://animenostalgia.blogspot.com/2021 ... ep-96.html