The end to the Harmony Gold-Macross debacle

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
Fireminer
Anime Fan Since: 2012

The end to the Harmony Gold-Macross debacle

Post by Fireminer »

Big West, Studio Nue, Harmony Gold USA Agree to Global Distribution of Macross, Robotech

What are your thoughts on this? How would Satelight and its partners push Macross in America from this point on? What could we expect from them other than Blu-Ray releases of previous Macross series?
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: The end to the Harmony Gold-Macross debacle

Post by DKop »

Fireminer wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:01 am Big West, Studio Nue, Harmony Gold USA Agree to Global Distribution of Macross, Robotech

What are your thoughts on this? How would Satelight and its partners push Macross in America from this point on? What could we expect from them other than Blu-Ray releases of previous Macross series?
We can expect that live action Macross/Robotech film to be a giant pile of steaming crap that were all gonna hate watch as nerds :lol: . That movie I swear may not ever get to the cutting room floor.

However if we can get good versions of Macross 7 (which id never seen so this gives me a reason to own the series) and Bluray versions of Macross Plus I'm in 100 percent support for.
Elytron Frass
Anime Fan Since: 1997

Post by Elytron Frass »

Hopeful: release quality upscaled box sets of EVERYTHING Macross / Robotech related

Longshot: US release of Macross 7 with an English language dub

I can Dream: release a live action adaption of Robotech, scripted by Travis Beacham (Pacific Rim), but focus on the Invid war
Elytron Frass
Anime Fan Since: 1997

Post by Elytron Frass »

a Robotech How Drugs Won the War inspired live action film would actually be the best case scenario
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

All I want is a domestic BD of DYRL. Icing on the cake would be a theatrical release of DYRL.

There's no way anything with the words "Robotech" attached to it that's scripted by anyone Harmony Gold has allowed access to the license will be worth watching, so I don't have big hopes for any purported live-action "Robotech" movie. They've had years and years and years and years and years of substandard, barely-there Robotech video releases, and I can't see how a live-action movie will be any different.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

davemerrill wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:50 am All I want is a domestic BD of DYRL. Icing on the cake would be a theatrical release of DYRL.

There's no way anything with the words "Robotech" attached to it that's scripted by anyone Harmony Gold has allowed access to the license will be worth watching, so I don't have big hopes for any purported live-action "Robotech" movie. They've had years and years and years and years and years of substandard, barely-there Robotech video releases, and I can't see how a live-action movie will be any different.
My two versions I own of that are the Clash of the Bionoids VHS tape that is signed by Mikimoto and a DYRL "illegitimate" DVD I bought online. A BD of a copy of that film is worth getting, even a really sweet collectors edition if it can be bundled with Flashback 2012 would be nice. But, we shall see...

If there is a way to get the Clash of the Bionoids dub on the big screen as an option I would pay to see that. :lol:
Captain_EO
Anime Fan Since: 2002

Post by Captain_EO »

Elytron Frass wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:15 am a Robotech How Drugs Won the War inspired live action film would actually be the best case scenario
Ain't that the truth!
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

Huh. Well. I'd been wanting to see the newer shows for some time now.
labsenpai
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by labsenpai »

HG finally realizing things are no longer limited to an 80's era syndicated toon market :P

The YT Macross channel has Flashback 2012 playing for a time:
https://youtu.be/kWkKdJ-OVyI