Gall Force - Your thoughts

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
George W
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Gall Force - Your thoughts

Post by George W »

Good observation.

I really like Eternal Story. I just about wore out that VHS tape I played it so much.

Stardust war was my next favorite - I used to have that on LD but when my LD died, I had to buy the DVD collection. The resolution is good either way, but the LD played soooo well.
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

I saw a little bit of Gall Force that I wound up finding at an indy video rental shop in the 90s, but I was just randomly watching the couple tapes they had. I wound up getting a bunch of tapes from a forum member here of Gall Force (1,2,3), New Era, Earth Chapter and Rhea. I remember sitting down to at least watch the first couple though I don't think I've gotten into New Era or anything afterwards.

I like it enough but I can't say I've gotten super into it, ever. But I can see why it has its fans.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
George W
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by George W »

Honestly, I found the follow on series to be a bit pre-programmed with the same basic lineup (and even mecha designs) between the Solenoids and Paranoids.

The first series in my mind really set the tone. Each new OVA built off the previous one for a consistent storyline.

So I'd suggest watching the original 3.