The International Anime Research Project

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
mbanu
Anime Fan Since: 2001

The International Anime Research Project

Post by mbanu »

https://sites.google.com/site/animeresearch/home

Interesting reading! (Their 2017 survey is open right now too, if you feel like helping provide a bit of demographic diversity.)
mbanu: What's between Old School and New School?
runesaint: Hmmm. "Middle School", perhaps?
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Re: The International Anime Research Project

Post by DKop »

That was pretty political in terms of a survey, and more on liking a character? I found it to be kinda odd to take, and half the questions I didn't take seriously in answering because I just didn't care if some character would ever meet my expectation on personality or vice versa. Most of what they were asking is things I could've easily expressed more about in my teen years than as an adult, since I don't need help finding my identity in an anime character.
mbanu
Anime Fan Since: 2001

Post by mbanu »

They wrote a book.
International Anime Research Project wrote:Update (April 21, 2021): We wrote a book!

You can download it for FREE: Click here.

If you really like reading printed books, you can purchase a printed copy (we set the price as low as possible to not make royalties/money... you would be paying for printing/shipping): Click here .
mbanu: What's between Old School and New School?
runesaint: Hmmm. "Middle School", perhaps?
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

I feel like nearly a decade ive been doing their questionare, so it seems we get to see their hard work paying off. They sent one out recently, so I'm assuming they'll collect data on that for the next 10 more years and write another.